View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labour

5 20.00%
  • Conservative

13 52.00%
  • Lib Dem

1 4.00%
  • Other

0 0%
  • Not Voting

6 24.00%

[UK] Election 2005

Just under a month to go now till we head off to vote. Quite surprised we haven't had a thread about it yet!

Who are you likely to vote for?
    Steve

Isn't it illegal to tell other people? I thought it was.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Originally posted by fusionx1
    Isn't it illegal to tell other people? I thought it was.
    no it isn't illegal. You know the whole thing with free speech, we practise it here. (sarcasm)

dunno if it does us any good though

im thinking conservative at the moment, but havent completely made up my mind.

anyone but labour and Tony Blair
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

if i vote at all, it wont be labour.. i havent followed it that closely but i'll probably make a decision based on 3-4 key issues (europe, taxes, public transport, industry) nearer the time

Good Old England

Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0413.jpg  
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Originally posted by essexguy
    im thinking conservative at the moment, but havent completely made up my mind.
    Remember the last time, never go back there...

Originally posted by Scotty_B
    Remember the last time, never go back there...
    Which last time? If it was Thatcher you're talking about she saved us from complete bankrupsy which Labour led us into. The thing she gets put down for is the poll tax which is basically around now as the council tax - Labour just take taxes which people didn't like, make new ones and up them.

The other day I had to go into hospital A&E - 7 hour wait to get anywhere at midday on a normal working day.

How can you say Labour have done us any good? They say they've raised education standards but all they've done is lowered the level of the exams. For example 20 years ago if you got all B's and C's it'd be good - now you need all A*s and A's for a chance to get in a top university. Any idea why?
    Ampinet.co.uk - UK Webhosting - Coming Soon!
    99.99% Uptime Guarentee | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 24/7 Support

Originally posted by TheDoctor
    Good Old England

Doc
    Sorry Folks. due to WHT having problems it looks like only half of the photo got uploaded.

We will try again

Doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0413.jpg  
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

[I'm a Brit]

I vote Bus...oh hangon, it's Tony isn't it?

Well I’m certainly not voting Labour.

The biggest problem I find is that they’re all practically the same … all talk and no action, lots of lies and deceit, always raising taxes while offering below par services and always doing as America says.

I will though be voting Conservative at the upcoming election because I feel they’re the lesser evil of the two. I’d never vote Liberal Democrat, and there is no way I’m going to allow Labour another four years of failure – They’ve already had eight.

I do though long for the day when there is a party worth voting for … just hope that it’ll be in my lifetime.

Originally posted by Anjay
    I do though long for the day when there is a party worth voting for … just hope that it’ll be in my lifetime.
    Yes, we all do, however it's much much more difficult than we think. As the public, it's easy for us to pick at these parties. This is where their difficulty lies; they can't please everyone. Inevitably, it becomes entirely political (and lies creep in) as the parties try to target specific groups of people. They will, no doubt, conduct statistical analysis to highlight groups in which the majority will actually vote. They will then play on their needs and wants.

As for the economic debate, that will continually go round in circles. In order to increase public spending, the government must increase its revenue, i.e. its tax revenue. Since the demanded increases in public spending are into the billions of pounds, income tax is really the only tax that is fair and great enough. Since it's progressive, the lower and middle-class won't be as hard hit by the increase in income tax, however, the higher earners will see their disposable income fall noticeably. It has been said that a lot of the higher earners tend to vote, so they are a key group.

It's just a problem of a lot of the general public wanting something for nothing. A lot of the public demand better public services without realising that they're effectively demanding that the government spends billions more every year.

Therefore, I doubt there will ever be the perfect party . There will always be something that someone doesn't agree with. That's politics

I say privatise health care, making it more efficient by induction of competition into a market system.
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>