how to increase sales?

Price and Service is there, but not many people know about the site. How do i promote or get people to sign up?

advertise

banner advertising
    forums signatures
    google adsense
    newspaper
    radio
    etc
    .-=={[(' Sitedesigner ')]}==-.

~Entrepreneur at heart~ Pm me.

Tun your current customers into walking billboards. If you offer great service, they'll be happy to refer you. Plus, give them added incentive such as a credit per referral.
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Re: how to increase sales?

Originally posted by auctionscape
    Price and Service is there, but not many people know about the site. How do i promote or get people to sign up?
    Allocate a budget for marketing every month and start researching where you can do some ads. Try

- search engines
    - hosting directories
    - newsletters
    - webmaster sites
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

It's hard to determine without knowing your budget.

The best option is to consider a trial and error method and see what works for your business. For instance, a $2.95mth host would probably not work at business.com, but may see great success in google adwords.

Remember though, if you are trialling with a small budget, the results will be misleading. And make sure you track your ads. It's amazing the number of hosts who do not use tracking urls and ad tracking software when advertising. Sure, you can gain these numbers from your stats, but ad tracking software is great for tracking true ROI.
    Ovica.com : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

As said above, advertising is your best bet. Google AdWords would probably be a good starting point.
    TJR Networks - Quality web hosting for everyday people...

Oh ya, remember to track your clicks and conversions with a cookie tracking script or an external 3rd party tracker you'll need to know which ads work and which don't.
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com

Hello,

You may consider to offer free webspace in return of a small ads of your company.

Pay some people to tattoo your domain name on various parts of their bodies and have them walk around on crowded beaches all summer with megaphones shouting your advertisement.
    www.HowToSellHosting.com - How to start a hosting business (free download)!
    www.10-Free-Ebooks.com - Download 10 ebooks with resale rights

Spend a couple hours creating a marketing plan and then spend another couple hours completing what you wrote in your marketing plan.

Two words will give you the customers.. Ping Zine!

You've had success with advertising in Ping Zine arxor?
    I have never really done much looking into publication advertising.
    Is there alot of competetion for ad space like there is in the Internet market? (IE: adwords)
    What are the returns like?

Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark, you know what you're doing but nobody else does.

Just one of the many business quotes I tend to use daily...

ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

ping zine isn't really a public paper, its more of a national paper. I would think it would get you some more views and potential clients.

Originally posted by jmweb
    Spend a couple hours creating a marketing plan and then spend another couple hours completing what you wrote in your marketing plan.
    Marketing doesn't just happen in 2 hours. You could set up an advertisement in 2 hours I guess, but marketing needs to be implemented in all your business activities, from the website, to your sales reps, to the support technicians, it is in the culture of the company and does not simply mean "advertise and spend lots of money".

I have MANY books on marketing here and have studied it in depth, but if you're new to this i'd advise you buy "Marketing Insights From A-Z, 80 Concepts Every Manager Needs To Know" by the god of Marketing Philip Kotler. Then move on to save more complication books if you want to study it in greater detail.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.