Thread: top 3 VPS?

top 3 VPS?

Who would you rank as your recomended 3 VPS suppliers?

For sure servint and powervps

personally the 3rd name is LiquidWeb

1. PowerVPS
    2. Servint
    3. Liquid Web
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

powervps was my dirst choice as well, will need to have a look at liquidweb.

My experience of servint has not been that great in the past.

Thanks for the replies.

1. Servint - www.servint.com
    2. Powervps - www.powervps.com

I've also used BurstNet and another VPS provider I've forgotten the name of - glad I've moved away from them both, as compared to servint/powervps they are utter rubbish.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

<< I've also used BurstNet and another VPS provider I've forgotten the name of - glad I've moved away from them both, as compared to servint/powervps they are utter rubbish. >>

I wouldn't say such a statement is exactly the case. Unfortunately your specific account was on a server that crashed recently, the only VPS server we have ever had hardware issues with. Due to data corruption with the RAID array, it took us some time to repair and remedy the situation. Our techs worked non-stop to repair the issue, which ocurred on 3rd shift on a weekend. Considering the situation, I think we did a prety darn good job all things considered. The fact that we only had two cancellations from the issue, one of which was yours, I'm pretty sure the affected clients agreed that we remedied the situation to their satisfaction.

So, in closing, did you have issues---absolutely.
    But to state that our VPS services are "utter rubbish" is not quite fair, as such a hardware issue can occur with any provider, and if anything--we dealt with it quite competantly and proved the exact opposite in light of the situation.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Actually Nocster was one of my first choices along with EV1, but I want a cpanel setup rather than plesk, otherwise I would have went with either first.

Its not fair to comment in such a way of a provider, if something similiar happened at servint or powervps I am sure your reaction would have been the same, it happens sometimes, hardware does break down and you must always factor that in, does not matter whether its, burst, EV1, servermatrix or whoever!

<< Actually Nocster was one of my first choices along with EV1, but I want a cpanel setup rather than plesk, otherwise I would have went with either first. >>

??
    We do offer Cpanel based VPS packages.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

****, so you do I always forget to scroll down that far.

Oh well, there you go, I am signing up then

Originally posted by BurstNET
    << I've also used BurstNet and another VPS provider I've forgotten the name of - glad I've moved away from them both, as compared to servint/powervps they are utter rubbish. >>

I wouldn't say such a statement is exactly the case. Unfortunately your specific account was on a server that crashed recently, the only VPS server we have ever had hardware issues with. Due to data corruption with the RAID array, it took us some time to repair and remedy the situation. Our techs worked non-stop to repair the issue, which ocurred on 3rd shift on a weekend. Considering the situation, I think we did a prety darn good job all things considered. The fact that we only had two cancellations from the issue, one of which was yours, I'm pretty sure the affected clients agreed that we remedied the situation to their satisfaction.

So, in closing, did you have issues---absolutely.
    But to state that our VPS services are "utter rubbish" is not quite fair, as such a hardware issue can occur with any provider, and if anything--we dealt with it quite competantly and proved the exact opposite in light of the situation.
    Well, it would have been nice if you'd communicated to your users about the server issues - I never recieved one email explaining why the server was down, what you were doing to fix it etc... Every few hours my monitoring services emailed me to say x service was down for 10/20/30 minutes. I'm pretty certain I had more issues than simply one big one at a weekend.

There's also the fact that you never licensed my VPS for fantastico, despite me paying for 2 months of it. Also, As soon as I got the VPS, I couldn't login due to what I presume was my password not being setup for the VPS properly. I sent a support ticket, and was told "try now". But could I login? No. Sent a reply "still not working", and again "try now" - but no, still couldn't get in. Finally, after submitting a ticket and your tech saying "try now" for the 3rd time I could finally get logged in. Having so many problems with such a simple issue clearly shows why you are "utter crap" compared to Servint, and I stand by my comment.

Servint's support is much better - I get responses in a couple of minutes that actually fix my issues, while it took considerably longer to get a reply to simple issues from you and 3 attempts to actually get you to fix the simple password problem. Please remember that I said "compared to servint/powervps they are utter rubbish" - notice the "compared to" part. If someone wants a cheap VPS, then yes go to you. If someone wants a properly supported, great quality service with proper communication between the VPS provider and the client then Servint are 100x better for the extra $20.
    Last edited by tickedon; 04-10-2005 at 07:09 AM.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

1. www.eurovps.com
    2. www.powervps.com
    3. www.servint.com

why i have eurovps on nr.1 is that i have never problems with them, there cheap and the support is very good.

I have a Cpanel VPS with BurstNET. When you combine affordabilit and consumer assistance, I rank them highly. I am a former Dinix customer.

My preference is always to work directly with a data centre whether for dedicated or VPS, resellers are ok where the host has a very close relationship with the DC but for reliability, support best with the DC

I think it's interesting to note that not a single provider that I've seen mentioned on this list uses UML/Xen or other VPS technology...It's all Virtuozzo based VPS providers. Just my 2 cents...
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

Originally posted by Sprydotcom
    I think it's interesting to note that not a single provider that I've seen mentioned on this list uses UML/Xen or other VPS technology...It's all Virtuozzo based VPS providers. Just my 2 cents...
    People really seem to prefer Virtuozzo because they feel it provides more power/a nicer interface. I'm truely open to all markets on VPS, but some people "stick" with what they know best

I think you'll see Xen stuff make some headway in the next 6-12 mos. It's REALLY new to the market, but I understand it beats the pants off of other virtualization approaches.

UML has been around a while, and is more flexible in many ways than Virtuozzo, but pays for it with performance.

At least, that's all my understanding of the market.

-d
    David Chait, Editor
    CHAITGEAR - Consumer electronics news and reviews

Speaking about VPS's courtesy of Carlos Camacho...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Iam looking for a good unmetered VPS

ALso i need it with a good price range

thats kinda vague... but try unixshell... www.unixshell.com.