What should I do? My Vpscolo story

Hey,

WARNING: Long read...sorry :/

Posting here is absolute the last thing I wanted to do, but I'm out of ideas and don't know what I should do.

I first signed up with vpscolo about a year or so ago and as long as I was a customer I had nothing but positive things to say about them. I had 0 problems with downtime and support was always available and very helpful, unfortunately I found after about 3 months that a vps was just a bit out of my price range.

Shortly after Christmas 2004 I was looking around the forums and came across a deal from vpscolo that was a steal. Double everything for a price less than I was paying before only they required a yearly payment instead of money. After talking to a friend of mine we decided to go in it together and bought the vps.

Everything was working fine until around the middle of march when problems occurring. Since then I've submitted at least 6 requests to have my server rebooted (3 of which were due to ip needed to be reinitialized because instead of my index, I got a "No website configured" message). The other 3 my server just inexplicably went offline.

Again, not that big of a deal, until about 4 days ago my server started going down every 3 hours or so. Since that time I've sent 8 requests to support to have my server rebooted and to please investigate the issue. Most of the replies were "Your server has been rebooted" but no mention of why this kept going down. I even went as far as trying to contact rus directly, but he said that he could not help unless a proper ticket was submitted through the support(AT)vpscolo.com.

This is the 4th day I've had this problem, and today my website hasn't been online at all. I've submitted three tickets today alone asking for reboot. The first reply was (I just checked your server and it appears to be up). The second promised an investigation, but I haven't heard back and he didn't reboot the server. I am still awaiting a reply to the third.

I'm out of ideas. I've sent several tickets to have them investigate the issue and even one request to have my vps moved to a different server, but all they'll do is reboot and pretend everything is fine.

Vpscolo is a fine company and I'm not trying to flame them in any way. All I want is an answer to why my vps keeps going offline, and how to solve it. I've tried support, I've tried contacting rus, I've tried the 1800 number, but it seems to be answered by a different company, and nothing as of yet has worked.

What would you do if you were in my place?

Oh dear this sounds oike the support I had from a reselling host a while back.

You've tried everything the sensible honest way to get a response from them and they've decided to stretch it out a while.

Now you've come here no doubt they'll fix you up in a few minutes.

Want some good advice? - http://www.powervps.com
    Fantastic service, VPS stays up, great tech support etc. Can't say anything bad about them.

-Turboz

Can you PM me with any of the ticket #'s you are referring to, and tickets are always answered. But in most cases, there is no reason to give for a VPS going doing, as to investigate it would surely keep your VPS down significantly longer than you want it to be down.
    Jay

Re: What should I do? My Vpscolo story

Originally posted by Androphski
    Vpscolo is a fine company
    I didn't know they are owned by Dedicatednow; otherwise I'd believe this sentence. I don't believe my eyes that Dedicatednow/FortressITX/whatever are still around after their fiasco with the datacenter move last year. We will never learn. If I were in your position, I'd run, not walk from them. If they proved to be lying several times, they will again. Choose a host that can be trusted.