Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does cleavage sell?

Would placing pictures of buxom women on our websites increase sales?
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off
    I'm Mad as Hell, And I'm not going to take it anymore!

Possibly, but fix the spelling mistakes first

Which ones, please?
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off

Wouldn't do a thing for me.

Your complete satifaction is insured with our unconditional 30-day money back guarantee.
    Make smart decisions. Choose the hosting company with experience and technology required to deliver your internet pressence.
    I think some of the sentences could be rearranged slightly grammatically, but thats just my opinion, not an error.

anything else?
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off

http://www.zilonhost.com/hosting.htm

Server up-time statistics are better than 99.5% and our customer satifaction rate
    a 99.5% up-time guarantee that can not be beat
    http://www.zilonhost.com/support.htm

In these cases, we appolgize for the inconvenience
    I think thats it. up-time is usually uptime, but I don't think its a spelling mistake as such.

Re: Does cleavage sell?

Originally posted by Bill-zilonhost
    If your target audience is > 45 males that live alone, it could work quite well.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Stick a headset on the girl, and portray her as a "hot working women" and it would return benefits on both sides of the fence.

Among the kiddies, maybe. Among adults, highly doubtful.

-B
    Last edited by TMX; 04-06-2005 at 12:18 AM.

Yeah, just as putting anything sexually related would.

But to some people it may actually drive them away, as it could potentially make you look less professional. Looking at your site, I would go with something that is less of a template, I think that could make your site stand out.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

I'd agree with most of the above comments in that adding a woman to your site wouldn't do it for me. Fixing your errors would do a lot for me though! No matter how many half-dressed women you throw up there, if you have spelling and grammar errors, it's going to come off as unprofessional.

You'll lose a lot of potential business, but you actually might appeal to a lot of "young" boys if that's your target audience. Or the adult websites market.

Other than that, most people would see that and click "x."
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

You will lose corporate business, which includes major companies and usually the ones you want to have around for a long time.

You will attract kiddie sites, possible adult sites and sites alike, that aren't ashamed to be hosted by a service provider that draws clients by using women.

can you say "GoDaddy", though I personally don't care for sex as a marketing tool, I doubt having good looking people would kill sales as implied above. If they are naked and bent over a keyboard it might produce the effects mentioned, but I have seen many pictures of women in particular that have a certain "sex appeal", that is tasteful and doesn't hurt surrounding copy.

Perhaps with some distraction, your critics here, might not have found your typos... and perhaps not. I would say that typos turn me off just slightly more than degrading pictures. If you really want to put the question to a test, try creating 2 or more seperate sites with the same content and different scenery.
    Server$Hit.com Reseller/Hosting For Real People
    WebHostingAccess Trial Accounts Upon Request
    www.ForALaugh.com Get over IT Get over yourself
    Yahoo IM: concreteseller | Toll Free Support: 1-888-603-5305 | Like the Maytag repairman

I vote y'all place a pic of yourself instead of using all these "pretty" stock photos

Re: Does cleavage sell?

I've seen some sites with a profile of their CEO, plus photo.

The CEO looks like Dilton in the Archies Comics or Bill Gates during his younger days. When people see friendly smiling geeks, they feel safer. (atleast with me)

If you want increased sales, I suggest putting such photos.

STOP THE MUSIC!!! STOP THE MUSIC!!!

That is all I have to say.

Originally posted by JSpired
    I'd agree with most of the above comments in that adding a woman to your site wouldn't do it for me. Fixing your errors would do a lot for me though! No matter how many half-dressed women you throw up there, if you have spelling and grammar errors, it's going to come off as unprofessional.
    And the other one saying this is also a female

- 'wouldn't do it for me' ..

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    I vote y'all place a pic of yourself instead of using all these "pretty" stock photos
    Not only would I not gain any new business, but I think all my current customers would leave also....lol

I've had my ugly mug shot on my sites for years. It's a great sales tool, although my face is probably better suited to radio.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

/me looks at mouse pad.

Bob, maybe you're too harsh on yourself.

Back to the OP's question, I believe beauty, in any form, sells. So, if you have to choose among certain stock photos, choose the ones you find more attractive. They don't necessarily have to have SEX written all over them. Last I heard good looking women don't have to be naked to attract attention.

Why should the web be an exact replica of reality?

Well, tell ya' what. Lemme take a picture of the girls here, put it on my site, and I'll let you know in a week...

Just kidding!

In all seriousness, there's no question that having images of attractive women on a website do make it more appealing and can increase sales. It's not an overtly suggestive thing, but just that human tendency for us to feel more comfortable and warm towards an attractive female face. It's how we're wired.

So does cleavage sell? Not likely. Does a nice looking woman sell? Who knows -- but it might make viewers feel a tad more comfortable at your site.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast