is uquibility hosting good?

Is uquibility hosting worth it and is teamnet (their bandwidth provider) really internap bandwidth

Yes, but you will see an increase of about 11ms due to the fact they are in IA, but the connections go through Chicago. We had looked into TeamNet as well, and with many of our clients running game servers the 11ms additional wouldn't have been acceptable, but for pretty much anything else they shouldn't notice the 11ms. Then I also don't really know why you'd need InterNAP if you're willing to sacrifice the 11ms anyway.

Note: I am basing this off the offer I got from TeamNet and my own research regarding TeamNet in eneral and is not aimed at any specific provider there, etc.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

So why didnt you just pick them up out of Chicago?

So why didnt you just pick them up out of Chicago?
    Because their DC is in IA.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

but their network heads out to CHI... so either way theyre going to have to have a router in CHI then transport back to IA... SO, pick them up out of CHI

First of all,

cartman69
    Account Disabled

And second of all, they don't offer space / bandwidth out of Chicago Anake. Their DC is in IA, and they have Internap, that according to Karl, has to go through Chicago.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Im pretty sure to get it down to IA, they have to first pick it up in CHI, to do so they have to have atleast a switch in CHI to first pickup the internap before they backhaul it to IA.

They can always provision someone off that switch.
    Im sure they have space in CHI since its coming from CHI, unless Internap themselves opened a pop right inside the building theyre in, which then would have Internap backhauling instead of teamnet.

Karl is right we are about 11.605 ms to Chicago. I hope that with our next pipe we may see just a little better times as we will have a route to Level3 and Equinix. Right now we also peer with AT&T and Sprint in Cedar Falls/Waterloo. We also have a route tentatively planned to go to either Dallas or Denver this fall. We are still negotiating rates so we have wait and see what happens.

The reason that we choose Internap was because of the 11ms issue. We knew that we were going to have that lag being in the middle of Iowa. We wanted to have the best possible route once we got on to the core backbone to makeup for the 11ms.

Steadfast has one of the best networks for gaming in the Midwest. This is partially because of location, Equinix, but more importantly because of what Karl has done with partitioning his network with three levels; Brilliant! Although we are not apposed to gaming servers are goal is have the most disaster retardant networks in the United States. And at 11ms lag that’s not that bad. I would also have your clients traceroute to teamnet.net and see what times they get.

root@webserver [~]# traceroute steadfast-networks.chicagoequinix.savvis.net
    traceroute to steadfast-networks.chicagoequinix.savvis.net (208.174.226.26), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
    1 team-cf-coreswteamint (147.202.2.3) 0.361 ms 0.290 ms 0.237 ms
    2 team-cf-core1-bb2 (147.202.1.129) 0.239 ms 0.224 ms 0.236 ms
    3 border3.p4-1.teamtech-2.chg.pnap.net (64.94.34.145) 11.233 ms 14.589 ms 14.347 ms
    4 core3.ge0-0-bbnet1.chg.pnap.net (64.94.32.3) 11.605 ms 11.963 ms 11.856 ms
    5 bpr1-ge-1-2-0.ChicagoEquinix.savvis.net (208.174.226.97) 13.230 ms 12.586 ms 11.356 ms
    6 steadfast-networks.ChicagoEquinix.savvis.net (208.174.226.26) 13.229 ms 11.588 ms 11.482 ms
    root@webserver [~]#

Why would I buy there bandwidth in Chicago when I amalready in Equinix, with basically every provider available at my fingertips? Also, their main sale is the datacenter, not the bandwidth, and has been said, they don't have a data center in Chicago.

Also, Wade, don't worry, but we are still working on some plans on possibly offering another product that would be offered in your facility. It just depends on how are search for other locations in Chicago goes.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation