Thread: Maybe a Spammer

Maybe a Spammer

Hi , i think i have a spammer in my servers, he have uploaded a cgi script that uses send mail, and all the sites he is linking to are suspended cause of spam... no spam has been made yet, but i dont know if i should suspend the account now, or wait till i am sure that he his spamming from my server....
    Any opinions?

I would suspend account now and send him an email explaining why you suspended him and what he has to do to become unsuspended. If he is a spammer you probably won't hear from him, if he isn't he will work with you to make it right.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

If he hasn't broken any of the terms in your TOS I don't see how you can justify suspending the account.

This is part of our TOS, so i think i can suspend the account right now correct?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, any website/account that is found to support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their account immediately removed from our network. The account will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the account to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the account from our network without notice to the customer. Any account guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.

How has he violated this? Unless this person actually attempts to send spam I don't see a violation.
    You can't convict someone for something you think they may do.

Do you have something in your TOS that says you have the right to cancel an account at any time for any reason?
    Steve

Originally posted by Vortex-Steve
    Do you have something in your TOS that says you have the right to cancel an account at any time for any reason?
    Having this on my TOS doesent say that ill suspend any account that support spammers?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, any website/account that is found to support spammers