Internet Fax services -- any good?

Hi,

I'm considering some of these internet fax providers. For about $10 USD I can send and receive emails via email attachment -- no fax machine, paper, toner required + machine need not be "on" all the time.

Has anyone tried these services? Are they reliable?

I can see some problems possibly with emailing hand-completed forms. With typed text it seems quite simple tho.

Thanks for any input

I use k7.net (free) to receive faxes. It's not a local #, but the quality of the faxes are very clean and high quality. As for sending faxes, I just use my fax modem inside my computer to send it.

Google now has a fax to email service as well.

I think they are ok, as long as you do not have many people that need to receive and send faxes.

If it is for a single person in a company $10 is reasonable.

However if 10 people need to send and receive faxes, you are already looking at $100 per month.

For that cost, you can by a product such as GFI faxmaker that you can run in-house.

Originally posted by Rob83
    I use k7.net (free) to receive faxes. It's not a local #, but the quality of the faxes are very clean and high quality. As for sending faxes, I just use my fax modem inside my computer to send it.
    interesting..

And that's what I use, too. k7.net

I'm still debating this internet fax thing, primarily because my work involves filling out forms in ink, and the process of scanning such documents for faxing seems tedious.

but im on a tight budget and a dedicated business fax lines can be pricey. decisions decisions.