hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Addicted to heroin? Move to Canada

Forum Jump

Addicted to heroin? Move to Canada

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 04:44 PM
An Awesome Dude

Addicted to heroin? Move to Canada

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150076,00.html

This is the craziest bunch of crap I've heard in a while. Taxpayers paying for junkies to get their fix. But it is another way of showing how CANADA is more liberal than the USA!!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Disabled

i think that is very good. all drugs should be legal because everyone should be allowed to do to themself what they want. if they get criminal because it is illegal and the surrounding selling drugs is criminal too. so that is where they become a problem to normal people like you and me because we get robbed and stolen from.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:15 PM
An Awesome Dude

I gue$$,didnt think of it that way

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Junior Guru

And here are a links to articles that aren't from Fox "News" and tell what this program is really about.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0503/S00193.htm

http://www.rosenblog.com/2005/03/16/...commences.html

This is a controlled study to help finding informations for treatment programs and methods. If it will make persons feel better it is not so much different than tax dollars funding a methodone program. Who know maybe this study eventually result in a way for Rush to keep clean.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by sgpm
i think that is very good. all drugs should be legal because everyone should be allowed to do to themself what they want. if they get criminal because it is illegal and the surrounding selling drugs is criminal too. so that is where they become a problem to normal people like you and me because we get robbed and stolen from.
Exactly. There are many sides to this discussion, and many different arguments within. But this makes the most sense to me, when thought of in a logical, not an idealistic, sense.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Disabled

Quote:
Why?
They become criminal because they do not have the money to buy the drugs.

If we legalize the drugs and those junkies do not have the money to buy it, they still will rob you and me for the money.

The issue is the money not the drugs.

I think we should legalize robbery and theft? What do you think? resolve the problems?

Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Disabled

no you cannot legalize robbery and theft

but heroin is nothing as in value of the ingredience. it is the law that makes it forbidden and hence expensive to get. my best friend i know since the UK moved to america and she pays 20$ and more per gram of grass and it is bad grass too. in the netherlands, next door to me, it is legal and you get it for as low as 2 euros which is 2.5$(?) and it is swimming in oil so you have 3 times as much off it so it is actually >1$ if you see it so.

nice discussion we are having

Quote:
Originally posted by BleedingGum
Why?
They become criminal because they do not have the money to buy the drugs.

If we legalize the drugs and those junkies do not have the money to buy it, they still will rob you and me for the money.

The issue is the money not the drugs.

I think we should legalize robbery and theft? What do you think? resolve the problems?

Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:

but heroin is nothing as in value of the ingredience. it is the law that makes it forbidden and hence expensive to get. my best friend i know since the UK moved to america and she pays 20$ and more per gram of grass and it is bad grass too. in the netherlands, next door to me, it is legal and you get it for as low as 2 euros which is 2.5$(?) and it is swimming in oil so you have 3 times as much off it so it is actually >1$ if you see it so.

This is exactly what I was going to say. You speak for me, Sally. Are we related?

Heroin itself is not expensive, it is the fact that drugs are illegal that makes it so costly to obtain. Since it's so risky to import and sell drugs in the United States these days, dealers charge a premium for their "products." It's the basic principle of supply and demand, only now it's being affected by the laws that make it so much more risky to import it and costly if you are caught with it or selling it. Thus, until the laws change to make it legal to import, sell, buy, and use currently-legal drugs, the price of drugs will always be very high, and will gradually increase over time with inflation and as laws become stricter and more widely enforced.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by SniperDevil
This is exactly what I was going to say. You speak for me, Sally. Are we related?
*lach* i don't think so. my englisch would be better like yours is if we were related

and yes, it is as you say. best example is that no one robs you in the netherlands for affording his grass

Old 03-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Disabled

Quote:

Sally, That's what I was saying ... that those drugs are so expensive, that is why the issue is just the money, if all those junkies have all the money to buy it, they would not become criminals .. there is no robbery... you won't get mugged.. I won't get mugged either.

The drugs are there but the money are not there... so where is the source of the problem?

I think we must be related too somehow, Sally.

Last edited by BleedingGum; 03-23-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperGirl
*lach* i don't think so. my englisch would be better like yours is if we were related

and yes, it is as you say. best example is that no one robs you in the netherlands for affording his grass
That is correct, because everyone can afford to buy it, but they would rob you if they start not enough to have money to buy it.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Disabled

Re: Addicted to heroin? Move to Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dude

This is the craziest bunch of crap I've heard in a while. Taxpayers paying for junkies to get their fix. But it is another way of showing how CANADA is more liberal than the USA!!!

Did you even bother to find out anything about this program other than the FOX report before you labeled it a "bunch of crap".

This program has been used successfully in Europe. It both reduces crime rates and has a better success rate of getting people off the drug.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperGirl
Even if drugs are legalized, it doesnt means they will be cheaper. Take a look to Legal drugs. One good medicine can only be afforded with a medical insurance. (that wont cover heroin . Drugs would be expensive anyway. The main reason that sustains criminal networks.

Furthermore, a greater % of junkies are more likely to have low/non income when their drug problem gets worse.
This guys will eventually increase criminality as well.

So no great change in the end.

But the canada's program shurly will hel taking heroin users out of the street.

Last edited by kaliman; 03-23-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: Addicted to heroin? Move to Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dude

4 Mounties dead over a pot operation, and now spending money on "helping" drug abusers get their next fix?

Perhaps executing drug addicts and dealers would help solve that problem. I mean we can execute a disabled woman in FL without due process, those who want to get high anytime they chose and be a risk in killing hundreds they need to go too.

The Law is the law, afterall.

Chris

Old 03-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Web Hosting Master

Since history thus far has already established that current practises and methods do not work, why is it such a surprise that the Canadian government is branching out, and researching to find other ways to resolve the problem?

While I dont agree with drugs, much less the government giving them away, you cant deny that there is a certain logic to the program. If it works, then the ends likely justify the means. The amount of money spent on projects like this will drop as they get bigger (after all, in a safe environment, it doesen't cost much to grow plants or refine many drugs), eventually they should far surpass the losses that crime generates.

While this might not rehabilitate many people, aside from death, how many heroin addicts get rehabilitated on the streets (ignoring rehab, as thats government run, so that costs us $$$ also)? Probably not too many. I'd say give change a chance.

http://www.prioritycolo.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
DataCloud Canada Listing 2014-04-20 09:33:28
HostingCon and the 6 Keys to Improving Sales Results Blog 2013-06-19 09:21:16
TeraGo Acquires Data Centers Canada for $9.5 Million Web Hosting News 2013-05-24 11:46:54
Data Centers Canada Achieves SSAE 16 Compliance at Toronto North Facility Web Hosting News 2013-02-25 16:22:29
Data Centers Canada Updates Channel Partner Program Web Hosting News 2013-02-07 11:00:24