I'm with Fasthosts and would like to have my say. It is true that:
1. they charge for anything, but after everybody complained they sort of adapted by lowering the price of the database
2. support is not always the best; sometimes you have to insist twice before they admit it is their fault
3. uptime with Windows 2003 is really good, but I just use html, flash and mysql :-)
4. their abuse policy hasn't admitted zip, mp3 and video files. I spoke to abuse and they are relaxing their policy by admitting mp3 and pdf files as active web content (ok, they are late on this)
5. unlimited bandwith is by far not clear, but they have tripled the bandwith some time ago. A friend is using at least 1 GB a day, proably more, and his site runs on FH!
6. Windows servers offer no GD library
FH has been a disaster in the past, they often are not comunicative enough with their customers, but we do complain and some things have improved. Maybe it is because I'm not using anything complex, but so far I'm rather satisfied.