Looking for VPS $35-$45

I'm looking for a new VPS host, not because I don't like my current vps host (I do like them) but I need addiontal ram. I currently only have 256, and the only way for me to get more is to upgrade to a new plan, which I can't afford right now.

I have a price range of $35-45

I currently have 10gigs of space, 150 gigs of bandwidth, and 2 IP's. Fantastico (deluxe) would be really nice, but not necessary. Also, it needs to be using CPanel, if at all possible. =)

Hi,
    You might want to checkout the vps offers here in the forum http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...hp?forumid=104

Good luck!

May I know your current VPS hosting company? We're paying $56 for a basically same set of feature.

Hi

Try powervps.com

They have brilliant plans for $45 per month and I'm sure you'd agree once you've tried it.

I can only say good things about powervps. Their CEO is a very lucky man to own such a successful biz!

-Turboz

servint.com - take a peek.

Originally posted by Turboz
    Hi

Try powervps.com

They have brilliant plans for $45 per month and I'm sure you'd agree once you've tried it.

I can only say good things about powervps. Their CEO is a very lucky man to own such a successful biz!

-Turboz
    Thanks Turboz. It's truly amazing. 256MB ram guaranteed is more than what we currently have $196MB and the rest of the package is the same, for $45.

The only concern is that I noticed they run Fedora Core 2, is it stable enough?

Originally posted by jsw
    servint.com - take a peek.
    A quick glance at http://www.servint.net/vps/details.php#essen doesn't find the minimum guaranteed memory size. 1GB total really means nothing as this is a shared server with multiple VPS.

Among all the features of a given hosting, I'd say the memory size is the most important one. Bandwidth and disk size matter only for multimedia web site. For most of php web, which also means database driven, memory means a lot to the web site performance and the traffic it can handle.

The basic servint vps guarantees 256mb ram.

Originally posted by RusselHarvey
    Thanks Turboz. It's truly amazing. 256MB ram guaranteed is more than what we currently have $196MB and the rest of the package is the same, for $45.

The only concern is that I noticed they run Fedora Core 2, is it stable enough?
    To be honest I couldn't comment on the fedora core 2 as my VPS is still running redhat.

I don't know why they've changed to fedora but if it's anything like my VPS you won't have any problems. IF you have any problems powerVPS will sort it out quicker than most hosting companies.

As I said previously they're support is great. The only thing I can say is give them a try.

They also say on their site that they never oversell. I notice that their 256MB guaranteed RAM packages are on 1GB mem machines. Assuming that they don't oversell you would be 1 of 4 customers on the machine which isn't bad.

-Turboz
    Last edited by Turboz; 03-23-2005 at 05:17 AM.

Related Posts from theWHIR.com