Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Site Ripper - Tamranda did not learn his lesson

This morning, one of the members on IWDN posted a link to a really neat site that scours the Internet looking for content ripping. I wanted to try this to see just how well it worked, and after a few failed tries, I remembered the recent discussion about tamranda.com - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=366642 . So, I gave it a shot.

It saddens me to have to post this, especially after we received such a heartfelt apology from Tamranda the last time he was caught and many assurances he would not steal from other sites again. But, here it is:

http://www.lightningservers.net - Reseller Plans content
    http://www.tamranda.com - About Our Services content *rip*

http://www.towerhost.com/company/index.php - Our History content, last paragraph
    http://www.tamranda.com/hosting-about.htm - Our History content *rip*

http://www.jodohost.com/whyus.asp - Basically the entire page is ripped
    http://www.tamranda.com/hosting-why.htm - Sad, just sad *rip*

Tamranda, the good people of WHT were very kind in their forgiveness of your criminal acts the last time. After much discussion, I also accepted your apologies and took your word that you would not do this again. I feel like a fool for having given you even that much trust. As far as I'm concerned, your professional credibility is now entirely destroyed. Unless you can show somehow that these other sites ripped from you, no apology or promise will convince me you're capable of running a legitimate business.

The site that uncovered this, the holy grail of site ripper exposure, is www.copyscape.com - I suggest everyone go out and check their sites. While looking up Tamranda, I found a disturbing number of sites with duplicate information on them (I didn't take the time to figure out which ones had their info up first, so I'm not reporting them).
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Arrow Re: Site Ripper - Tamranda did not learn his lesson

Originally posted by the_pm
    The site that uncovered this, the holy grail of site ripper exposure, is www.copyscape.com - I suggest everyone go out and check their sites. While looking up Tamranda, I found a disturbing number of sites with duplicate information on them (I didn't take the time to figure out which ones had their info up first, so I'm not reporting them).
    My got 20 results... all referalls :p...

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Looking over the third set of links again, it's possible the verbage was created for datacenter customers to use on their sites. If this is the caseand it can be confirmed, I will gladly take back a portion of my allegations. But the other parts? I can't see how this is acceptable.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

No copies this time for our site. Had one last time I used that site, e-mailed them and had the site taken down the same day. Very useful tool!
    Steve

Wow this kid is sad. Why hasn't anyone called up his parents? I suggest WHT permanently ban his IP.
    - 7de5igns

More:

http://www.towerhost.com/support/presales.php
    http://www.tamranda.com/hosting-faq.htm

Did I miss something? Is there some sort of standard verbage hosts are allowed to use? There are a couple other hosts using portions of these FAQs too. Maybe this was made freely available? Someone clue me in, because from a casual Web surfer's perspective, there's a lot of ripping going on...

Interesting, we even have a grammatical error in ours that he copied over.

I will see what we can do about this.

However ours now needs to be changed a bit as our staff has grown, I am not in New Delhi.

Hello guys,

We got the layout just a few days back from a designer & im still working on the Textual Content (If you notice it is the same I had on the Previous Site), Just to let you know I had posted about this too on WHT but my post was removed considering it Self Promotion.

You can ask Anon-e-mouse about it too.

It doesnt matter if your working on your own stuff... you get rid of the ripped content RIGHT AWAY.

No excuses, you've ripped and ripped again.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Re: Site Ripper - Tamranda did not learn his lesson

Tamranda, the good people of WHT were very kind in their forgiveness of your criminal acts the last time. After much discussion, I also accepted your apologies and took your word that you would not do this again. I feel like a fool for having given you even that much trust. As far as I'm concerned, your professional credibility is now entirely destroyed. Unless you can show somehow that these other sites ripped from you, no apology or promise will convince me you're capable of running a legitimate business.
    I really learned a lesson from it, If possible Please check the Cache of my previous designs, They had the Same content, As I had told you before, I had lots of ripped content (& Im ashamed of it) & This time I had hired a Designer to Design my Site. He finished Designing the Site some days back & I have started the Work on textual content too.

I typed: webhostingtalk.com
    .... found some...
    it's a good tool.
    Last edited by BleedingGum; 03-17-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    It doesnt matter if your working on your own stuff... you get rid of the ripped content RIGHT AWAY.

No excuses, you've ripped and ripped again.
    Sure, I can remove it now. Once I replace the Text you might not be able to match it with the text of previous Version Sites, So if you want I can paste it here aswell so that you can examine it.

I typed our transit site in and it reported a ripped version... From the other URL we use!!!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Re: Re: Site Ripper - Tamranda did not learn his lesson

Originally posted by Tamranda_Ankit
    I really learned a lesson from it, If possible Please check the Cache of my previous designs, They had the Same content, As I had told you before, I had lots of ripped content (& Im ashamed of it) & This time I had hired a Designer to Design my Site. He finished Designing the Site some days back & I have started the Work on textual content too.
    1) The last thread that was created exposing your ripping came on January 22, some two months ago. You're telling us you never removed the stolen content? It's been online all this time???

2) Your site has been active in this new layout for at least a few weeks now, not a few days. I know, because I checked in a few times since that last thread. Google's cache shows the new design, which makes it unlikely it's only been in use a few days - possible, but unlikely - about as unlikely as your excuses.

This is sick.

Re: Re: Re: Site Ripper - Tamranda did not learn his lesson

2) Your site has been active in this new layout for at least a few weeks now, not a few days. I know, because I checked in a few times since that last thread. Google's cache shows the new design, which makes it unlikely it's only been in use a few days - possible, but unlikely - about as unlikely as your excuses.

This is sick.
    Please Trust me, Im not lieing.

The new layout came online on 4th March 2005.

Since then I have been working on the Textual Content. A lot of it has also been changed, & the things you pointed out were left.

Also, the text from http://www.lightningservers.net you were talking about was also ready which I have replaced right now & everything else you mentioned has been removed too. I would be putting up the original Text too very soon, but as said WHT moderators won't allow me to post about it but atleast I can PM you as & when it is done.

Originally posted by JodoHost(Stephen)

However ours now needs to be changed a bit as our staff has grown, I am not in New Delhi.
    Well, at least this reminds to me to update that page. I haven't updated it in more than a year
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Ankit, I've replied to your PM. You don't need to message me and you don't need to ask for my trust. That's long gone now. I'm the one who noticed it and felt compelled to make it public, but I'm not the one you continued to rip months after first being exposed. Implore the people who you ripped to trust you. They're the one who are affected by your actions, not me.

I gave you my advice, and I hope you'll take it. For anyone who cares what that advice is, I told Ankit to take down his site, completely, thoroughly cleanse it of any stolen content, and only upload it once it is entirely original regardless of how long it takes. I also suggested he not bother responding further to the accusations which have now been confirmed here until there is no trace of stolen content left. One last thing, expect to be scrutinized when this happens. Expect every word and every image to be checked, and still expect a lot of trust to be lost. Coming clean after one thread is one thing - it is possibly forgivable. Coming clean after two threads does little to reverse the damage to your reputation, at least for me.

Good luck.

Arrow

Ankit, I've replied to your PM. You don't need to message me and you don't need to ask for my trust. That's long gone now. I'm the one who noticed it and felt compelled to make it public, but I'm not the one you continued to rip months after first being exposed. Implore the people who you ripped to trust you. They're the one who are affected by your actions, not me.

I gave you my advice, and I hope you'll take it. For anyone who cares what that advice is, I told Ankit to take down his site, completely, thoroughly cleanse it of any stolen content, and only upload it once it is entirely original regardless of how long it takes. I also suggested he not bother responding further to the accusations which have now been confirmed here until there is no trace of stolen content left. One last thing, expect to be scrutinized when this happens. Expect every word and every image to be checked, and still expect a lot of trust to be lost. Coming clean after one thread is one thing - it is possibly forgivable. Coming clean after two threads does little to reverse the damage to your reputation, at least for me.

Good luck.
    Thats not a really logical advise.... A Person who ripped your content would be crazy to take his site down just to change it, they would rather leave unchanged instead.!

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I would also like to point out that he is running IPB 1.3.1... which isn't free now unless you were currently running it before IPB started to be a pay only forum software. In other words the copy that hes running is illegal.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by azizny
    Thats not a really logical advise.... A Person who ripped your content would be crazy to take his site down just to change it, they would rather leave unchanged instead.!

Peace,
    When first I was accused of it, I had instantly removed the site & had put up a old layout which was not so good which contained the ripped textual content too.

In the meantime, I hired a designer to get my Design done & since his job was to just design the Images & make a good Design, He actully had put the same text onto the new Design & as a result the new layout got the same Text.

I did realize it but was in a hurry to change the layout & had put the new layout (which now contained the ripped content) online. I do realize it was a big mistake i had made.

But while the Layout has been up, I did updated all the ripped content but still a little was left.

As far as I know all of it has been removed now at last , If you can give me 10 more hours, I'll make sure each & every word on the site is not ripped & reply back here.

Duh. Just can't see a reason for publishing a site you're still working at. Take it down, rework, then upload...

Also, it's kinda funny to tell that several paragraphs worth of text take 2 or 3 weeks to make up.
    First Amendment of a webhost: if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Originally posted by Yaroslav
    Duh. Just can't see a reason for publishing a site you're still working at. Take it down, rework, then upload...

Also, it's kinda funny to tell that several paragraphs worth of text take 2 or 3 weeks to make up.
    Hello,

It took so much time since I had been quite busy with some other works too, & I do understand I made a big Mistake.

However, All of it has been removed now, & as I said above if you can give me a 10 hours & I'll review each & every word on the site.

Copyscape is a fun website. Check out:

http://www.dailywebhost.com/testimonials.htm (first testimonial)
    http://www.ev1servers.net/english/aboutus/testi.asp (Aww, look, Matt wrote EV1Servers a testimonial too!)

It's amazing how many web hosts steal those EV1 (or other large provider) testimonials.

The dailywebhost company even got the name wrong -- they put Loren, which is the testimonial below that one on the EV1 page. Shame on these copycats.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    Copyscape is a fun website. Check out:
    It indeed is good, also for me (a ripper), Its helping me find If I still have any ripped content on my Site.

Please remove your copied content you used from Tower Host immediately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast