hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Moving Day!!

Forum Jump

Moving Day!!

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Moving Day!!

Our first VPS!! We've been using different reseller accounts for the past couple of years and finally made the jump to a VPS, prompted by a lot of email and server problems that we have been having for the past few weeks.
Everything seems great so far. Loading time on all sites - including .php sites - is noticeably much faster. Plus we've now got tons of bandwidth and a lot more space. Why didn't we do this sooner.
I couldn't be happier...

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Hi,

Its a nice feeling when your in alot more control of your websites and their performance. Good luck with it!

Old
Web Hosting Master

Who did you decide to go with?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

PowerVPS.
My sites have never loaded so quickly. I extremely happy with my choice. The support is also very friendly and helpful and they respond quickly.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

powervps

Does PowerVPS help you with firewalls and security?

Old

Yes. On my cPanel installation, APF is already up and running (which is nice, as I usually do this myself so it's a pleasent change!) for you. I would highly recommend their services.

Regards,

Martyn

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

how long have you been using them, I am in your same situation on a whm cpanel reseller account I want to go to vps but I am worried about the security stuff. Is liquidweb pretty good with support and stuff.

I just want to transfer my clients to our server and pray that nothing wrong occurs lol

Old

For about three or four days now. By far they (PowerWeb) are the best VPS solution out there, and I would probably say overall they are the best hosting company I've dealt with so far too.

Regards,

Martyn

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Re: powervps

Quote:
Originally posted by rbrowme
Does PowerVPS help you with firewalls and security?
APF comes standard install, as does secure /tmp and a bunch of other things for our cPanel customers to apache/php etc to secure it even further.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Just so there is no confusion, I recently opened a VPS account with Power VPS . I have used Powweb in the past and had a very bad experience with them, I would never recommend them to anyone.
P.S. Tom, I didn't see your post just above me...thanks for all your help in getting us up and running again.

Last edited by web docta; 03-16-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old

web docta: come back and post a review in a few months of your provider!

Glad to hear everything is working out for you.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

okay thats odd. Servint told me that APF firewall could not be installed on any vps server.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally posted by rbrowme
okay thats odd. Servint told me that APF firewall could not be installed on any vps server.
It couldn't be installed on the older versions of Virtuozzo, but the 2.6.1 Release supports stateful firewalls now.

Old

I just opened an account with powervps after reading all the postive feedback, hope my experience is a good one

Old

Well, first experience with PowerVPS. Got a call this morning to confirm my order, they left a voice message to call back at their toll free number. I cannot reach anybody there at both the Sales and Tech Support extension. Sent them an email.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
As US Government Agencies Continue Cloud Push, Revenue Opportunity for Service Providers Grows Web Hosting News 2014-09-24 16:43:49
BurstNET Sued for Not Making Equipment Lease Payments: Court Documents Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:34:05
UK and Canadian Companies Consider Data Sovereignty Key Factor in Web Host Selection Web Hosting News 2014-01-07 17:31:07
Yahoo Will Encrypt All Data Moving Between its Data Centers Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 16:16:19
Five Rules for Moving to the Cloud Blog 2013-07-24 09:27:00