hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : which can be best and cheap CP for Windows 2000 Server?

Forum Jump

which can be best and cheap CP for Windows 2000 Server?

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Disabled

which can be best and cheap CP for Windows 2000 Server?

hello,

Please tell me which is the Best and Cheap Control Pannel for Windows 2000 server.

if its has one time setup fee it would be nice.

Its hard for paying per account or per domain.

Can you please suggest me for this?

I liked H-SPHERE but on their website they tell us to buy 100 Accounts at a time. But i liked their Policy where we one to pay only one time $4.50 for an account. We can recover this ammount from our client as a setup fee for hosting

If any one can setup H-SPHERE with a minimum amount of accounts please PM me OR else give me a better choice.

Regards,
Alice

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2002, 05:08 AM
Junior Guru

If you;re looking for something cheaper..

..try Hosting controller.

rgds

Old 03-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hello
I spent a month going through them all and decided to go with hosting controller.
In spite of its faults it is the best value and most integrated system.

To give you an idea we are looking at a cost per account of $3 per month per account based on Hosting Controller and IMail with Webalizer for stats.
(that includes the server costs)

Gordon

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

We have chosen H-Sphere from now on, after using HostingController. Note you will need a Linux box to run mail/dns/the main cp on in addition to the obvious Windows box.

A little hard to understand and tweak, especially if you don't want to use their integrated billing but intead do billing yourself - but overall we are pleased so far ( but we havn't actually put a H-Sphere server live yet... )

Old 03-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Disabled

how much lowest does a Hosting Controler costs from a reseller?

Hello,

How much lowest does a Hosting Controler costs from a reseller?

Well offcource for I user Licence.

Regards,
K.Nizam

Old 03-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hello
Its about $500 per year but you may find this to be cheaper if you need a server as well:

http://www.dialtone.com/prodandserv/...S+%26+SERVICES

Gordon

Old 03-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Yes I was so close to test out on of those Dialtone servers, but they had no good solution for a SQL Server box - at least not at that time.

Cause I would also like to say, people here have strong opinions on HostingController, but I find it descent for the end-user at least.

Old 03-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

Yes
They do an SQL server at $895 per month.
In the end we decided to do it ourself in our exisiting facility because we can do the SQL more cheaply, but the dialtone offer is a step forward as its a ready built package for those who can't afford the up front licensing.

Gordon

Old 03-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by GordonH
Hello
I spent a month going through them all and decided to go with hosting controller.
In spite of its faults it is the best value and most integrated system.

To give you an idea we are looking at a cost per account of $3 per month per account based on Hosting Controller and IMail with Webalizer for stats.
(that includes the server costs)

Gordon
using h-sphere
you could reduce that cost to
1 unix server for the system = $100 per month
billing system included
e-mail is q-mail which is not bad
dns based on the unix server
and each account costing you 4.50 per year plus 20% for updates

Also the most important fact. NO Bandwidth leakage. in otherwords, you can monitor every drop of b/w and make it a billiable resource.

Mike

I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Old 03-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Web Hosting Master

Yes
But those costs included SQL server all the licensing for Win2000 server and Imail etc based on 2 3 x 18GB SCSI RAID servers.
One for web and mail and the other for SQL.
DNS is already on seperate boxes. One in the UK and one in the US.
Not a low spec solution.

We charge quite a lot for Windows hosting and plan to make it as reliable as we can.
Also this is UK based so the costs can be slightly higher.
However, the software is the largest cost which we are amortizing over 12 months to work out a unit cost price.

The idea is to fill one box and then drop another one into the rack as an independent unit much as we do with Linux.

Gordon

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Windows Server 2012 on AWS – Amazon Adds Support for the Latest Windows Server OS Web Hosting News 2012-11-20 11:42:31
Web Hosts, Cloud Hosts Launch Services Based on Windows Server 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-09-05 13:51:50
Web Host OrcsWeb Offers Support for Windows Server 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 11:08:35
Microsoft Updates Licensing, Offers Four Versions of Windows Server 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-06 10:31:48
Web Host Cbeyond Offers Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Beta Web Hosting News 2012-05-17 15:27:56