Cool Debian VPS Recommendations?

Greetings,

Due to a current provider meltdown, I am in urgent need. I currently have a dedicated box, but a VPS will suit my needs better. Oh, btw, don't use *******.com! They don't have the foggiest about what they are doing!

I'm looking for a Debian VPS with the following requirements:
    256+ MB memory,
    10-15+ GB disk storage,
    50-100+ GB bandwidth.

Anyone have recommendations? Reliability is my primary concern.

Thanks,
    jonhankok

Checkout www.crunzh.com for nice freeware programs. Including a program for monitoring your webserver.
    Any opinions in this post, unless otherwise noted, are my own personal opinions.

I've been pleased with www.linode.com, but I've only had a VPS there for a few months. Do a search

I would go for BudgetDedicated, prices are low but it works very well.

Any other Debian VPS recommendations? This thread is a year old, thought I would bump it being that a friend of mine may be in the market for a Debian VPS.

-Matt

I ended up going with Unixshell.com and they were fairly decent. I was only paying about $8 per month for about 128 MB of memory. The system ran pretty well.

However, I realized that for most of the things I was doing, I ended up reinventing the wheel. So, I now use Dreamhost and they satisfy my every desire!

Quote from DreamHost sales I received just now:

"We do not offer any VPS solutions. All of our servers are Debian based
    though. [...] there is no middle ground between
    shared and dedicated hosting with our plans."

jonhankok, do you believe your Dreamhost machine to be a VPS?

-Matt

Aktiom Networks has a Debian VPS offering; mine there (about 6 months) has been extremely reliable.

I recently noticed that Steadfast Networks will also put a Debian 3.1 image on their VPS. I have not tried them, but it's nice to see another VPS provider with the Debian option.

Both of these providers use Virtuozzo, which is much different than Xen or UML-based systems. There should be lots of threads about the difference, including at the linode.com support forums.

9. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com