High school coach accused of licking cut on student

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/3451234

I dont see a problem here,the parents are just trying to extract $$$

This coach was just trying to help & the kid DID say it was OK,so.......

Just money extracting idiots......

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I agree, but that coach is also a little screwy, licking bleeding scabs?????

Originally posted by jenn_fer
    I agree, but that coach is also a little screwy, licking bleeding scabs?????
    Roaaaaar, depends on the student
    I lick my g/f wounds all the time... gotta love that metallic taste of blood

Looks like I'm getting a little tired. Coulda sworn this was about something else. Not quite sure why the coach was licking the cut. Then again with the lack of funding for education they probably couldn't afford bandaids.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

whats wrong with that lol

I imagine his intro speech shortly before that:
    "Today I am going to SUCK...

... your BLOOD!"

I dont think theres anything wrong with that, as he was only trying to lend a hand.

I misread the thread's title. It took some time to realize that the actual word was cut.

Team members urged Reed to do the same for a bleeding scab on the student's knee, and Reed did after asking permission. A witness said Reed seemed to be "joking around" and the licked athlete was not offended, the police report said.

I don't know why some stories even make the news.

Well considering various diseases can be transfered that way, its not in the best interest in either of the coach or the student. Aka bloodborne pathogens.

I'm not sure who in their right mind would lick someon else's cut. Especially since there is no real relationship between the coach/student. If you're into licking wounds... lick your own...

Saliva-to-blood contact poses a small risk of disease transmission, said Dr. Sarah Hendrickson, public health officer at Lane County Public Health in Eugene.

"We do know that animals lick their own wounds," she said. "And it may be that saliva has some healing properties."
    Dr. Sarah Hendrickson needs to do some reading about the differences between dog and human saliva if she's going to be quoted saying that.

As for the coach, he got permission, but it was still a pretty stupid thing to do given the student/teacher/coach 'rules' these days.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

A dog certainly doesn't have the manual dexterity to operate a bottle of Bactine.

Originally posted by akashik
    Dr. Sarah Hendrickson needs to do some reading about the differences between dog and human saliva if she's going to be quoted saying that.

What differences are you referring to?
    There is almost no documentation at all of Saliva to Blood transmitted STDs and certainly no evidence of a possibility of transfering serious diseases such as AIDS via saliva.

Now, if the coach had an open wound in or around the mouth area, that would be a different story.

Human saliva contains ptyalin. Some studies say that ptyalin has healing properties. Anyway, that is not a good reason to lick somoene else's wound. If I were a teacher, I certainly would not lick one of my students.

I would say this is between the student and the coach. I have noticed that my own cuts that I lick heal cleaner and faster than those which I use medicine on. (not a dog, cant lick everywhere)

Throughout history saliva has been used for such things. However, couldnt the coach simply have spit on a rag and wiped it on the wound? It may have been a case where they werent anywhere near any medicines.

Originally posted by StarGate
    Roaaaaar, depends on the student
    I lick my g/f wounds all the time... gotta love that metallic taste of blood
    your not the only one...
    -randyc

blood has an interesting taste, but when consumed with flesh it brings out the true calling of it, A SAUCE...

If you like blood so much join a vampire cult.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Sounds like a really hardcore intense coach just showing a little too much enthusiasm, a total non-event. He was giving a pep talk and just went with the flow of the moment and apparently one of his team had a cut and he was just making a point. A bit goofy perhaps, silly for sure but hell my old football coach in junior high did some silly crap from time to time too, had he licked someone's cut we'da probably ribbed him about it and had a good laugh later.

Hey if this made the news that must mean no one was murdered today, no mother's let their children starve or chopped them up with a knife, or whatever. Talk about slow news day when this makes the news.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Random Nick
    I misread the thread's title. It took some time to realize that the actual word was cut.
    LOL, dirty mind, I have to admit the same.

Blood has this nasty metallic smell and taste. I've noticed sometimes when people go out in the sun for a long time and overheat and then come back inside the house I can smell that distinct metallic sent on them. Yuck.

Maybe I'm the only one whose noticed...

Originally posted by TheWebJunkie
    I dont think theres anything wrong with that, as he was only trying to lend a hand.
    Or a toungue

Honestly, he really should have consulted the physical trainer first. If we have a cut or something in Wrestling, we have to see the physical trainer right away.

I also thought it said something else..

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Hey if this made the news that must mean no one was murdered today, no mother's let their children starve or chopped them up with a knife, or whatever. Talk about slow news day when this makes the news.
    Silly man... that stuff doesn't make the news these days! Now, if George Bush farts, or a coach licks a players knee... THAT is definately news. I think the news organizations are doing anything and everything for ratings.

She was horny and needed some relief,is that a crime? what,OHHHH cut,sorry
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting