Linux server
    Dual processor (FAST)
    3GB RAM
    200+GB Bandwidth
    30-50GB HD to start with
    Firewall
    Managed Backups
    Phone Support 24/7

Where can I get this for under $400 per month?

~SWG~
    Last edited by skiwebgirl; 03-25-2005 at 12:28 AM.
    My host history: 2002:register4less, 2002:ipowerweb, 2003:******, 2004:rackspace, 2005-present:fastserversCurrent setup: 2 x dual xeon dedicated servers with the lot and blissfully happy with Fastservers.com

use the HOST QUOTE above - that is your best bet...
    but - what you are looking for - depending on how long you are planning to keep that server - you could be better of purchasing the server - because 200+GB is less than 1Mbit - and you can get colocation quite cheap with that amount of bandwidth.

As for your box, there are people who can build that quite cheap, checkout the Blackbox and so forth. Literally, you could pay a hefty setup fee and OWN the box, and then a low monthly fee on bandwidth - or pay a lot of bandwidth/month.
    3 months at 400/month = 1200. thats a lot.
    I guarantee you can find a good colo with 1000GB a month for about 100/month heh, 3 months = 300. and then you buy the box. the longer you use that box the more money u will save.

Thank you for the info!

I'm with a good host now, 0% downtime, great service but mega $$$ to upgrade (which I need to do urgently). Buying the box is a possibility - I'm open to all suggestions.

I will do the HOST QUOTE thingie and see what I come up with. I haven't been here in almost 2 years...

Bandwidth confuses me somewhat. I know I don't use a lot now but I will be once my site is revamped next month.

~SWG~
    My host history: 2002:register4less, 2002:ipowerweb, 2003:******, 2004:rackspace, 2005-present:fastserversCurrent setup: 2 x dual xeon dedicated servers with the lot and blissfully happy with Fastservers.com