hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : 8-Year-Old Child Arrested After Throwing a Fit at School

Forum Jump

8-Year-Old Child Arrested After Throwing a Fit at School

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Disabled

8-Year-Old Child Arrested After Throwing a Fit at School

"WILLIAMSBURG, Va. - An unidentified 8 year old boy was arrested for disorderly conduct and assault after head butting his teacher and kicking another school staff member on Tuesday. Police hauled off the child in handcuffs following the incident."

Continued...

And that's why I'm never going to become a teacher

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Disabled

Let's just wait for all the people to come here and tell us how the COPS over reacted.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally posted by blue27
Let's just wait for all the people to come here and tell us how the COPS over reacted.
Omfg... the cops are stupid people that have overreacted. Things like this should be legal. The cops should all be fired and the kid should be awarded over $1mil in punitive damages.

j/k

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 07:37 PM
An Awesome Dude

I saw this posted elsewhere,stupid as hell!!!!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Web Hosting Master

Lucky I am not american...

Old 03-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Disabled

Unless this kid was some sort of body building champion, they should have been able to deal with this kid on their own. Calling the cops was a little excess in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Managed Hosting Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by CodePHP
Unless this kid was some sort of body building champion, they should have been able to deal with this kid on their own. Calling the cops was a little excess in my opinion.
Yes but the way society is going, if we don't take control and teach people what is wrong and right, and stick with scrict punishments, people will be able to blow each other up with explosives and simply get a slap round the wrist for it.

Especially when people are so young, now is the time to start teaching people what they can and cannot do. IMO good move.

Dan

█ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Old 03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Community Guide

Not bad. I like this, certainly teachs the kid a lesson.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Web Hosting Master

I think it was fair for them to call the police on the kid. Just shows the teachers will not take crap from the kids. I do not see anything wrong with it at all.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

If he's going nuts... I don't see any other recourse.

Though it sounds like a parenting problem not a criminal matter

Old 03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Web Hosting Master

I suspect a major consideration for the teachers and principal was, "How do we get this child restrained in a way that doesn't get us sued by the parents?" Calling the police may have seemed like the most sensible choice from that standpoint.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Web Hosting Master

They probably had to call the cops, schools are afraid to even raise their voices at children for fear of being sued for "abuse", parents are afraid to spank their children for fear of child services treating them like abusive parents, and where are the kids? They're throwing fits at school.

You know what would have happened had I thrown a fit at school? Corporal punishment, if that didn't solve my problem a quick call to my mom would solve it, because they'd call her, she'd call my dad, and he'd come and pick me up and we'd "go for a ride" either he'd take me home and give me a sound spanking, and ground me, or we'd just head back to wherever he was working and I'd get to do something fun like, move wood from one pile to another or bricks from one pile to another, or shovel dirt, or well, you get the idea. I was disciplined, not abused, not beaten, disciplined, I knew if I took things too far, there were repurcussions and for the most part I tried to stay away fromthose lines I knew not to cross.

I feel for teachers and principals, they have no power, and are scared to do anything "mean" to kids. Ya know what? Kids are little savages, and sometimes they have to be treated mean to get the idea thru "you gotta quit acting like that", god knows had I known there wouldn't be a severe punishment I'da been a savage with a capital B R A T.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Web Hosting Master

Ahhh.. It brings warmth to my heart to see what we as the leader of the free world are doing to prevent these young terrorists from growing up throwing tantrums.

AHHHH!!!!!!! A CRAYON PICTURE OF A ZOMBIE!!!!! TERRORIST!

AHHHH!!!!!!! A TANTRUM!!!!! TERRORIST!!!!!!!

Doesn't it just make you beam to know this is happening in your country?

Oh and on the subject of children where do they get off abolishing the death penalty for children. If this child was executed I'm sure it would bring all those other 8 year old terrorists into line.

---

This post was completely sarcastic. What school officials and law enforcement have been doing in this country disgusts me.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Community Guide

Quote:
Originally posted by Disgruntled
I suspect a major consideration for the teachers and principal was, "How do we get this child restrained in a way that doesn't get us sued by the parents?" Calling the police may have seemed like the most sensible choice from that standpoint.
I agree.

Unfortunately, while most people are reasonable there those that aren't. I've seen parents throw fits when they are told their kid is getting detention, etc.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Web Hosting Master

This is called "spoiled", and evidently the tantrums work with his parents. This is also the same kind of kid that grows up to disrespect the anthem, not pull over for emergency vehicles, and shoot school bus drivers.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
London Teen Charged in Connection with Massive Spamhaus DDoS Attacks Web Hosting News 2014-06-30 12:45:23
US Public Schools Failing to Read the Fine Print in Cloud Contracts: Study Web Hosting News 2013-12-13 14:07:43
iomartcloud Partners to Distribute Web Filtering and Security Solution to Schools, Workplaces Web Hosting News 2013-11-27 12:32:14
Google, Microsoft Create Algorithm to Block Child Abuse Search Terms Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 14:59:58
Man Arrested in Connection to Spamhaus DDoS Attacks Web Hosting News 2013-04-26 15:24:34