Question sunshop 3.3 help please

I have sunshop now and hosting with the turnkey also, last evening I asked for info on changing my password in sunshop 3.3, I am suppose to be able to use this cart anywhere was my understanding when I purchased it, no way, I was told last evening (Sunday 07,2005) this is the reply to my asking how "I" could change "my" password in "my" sunshop 3.3. <quote>"What would you like to change it to. We can do it for you as it must be done directly in the database",,,,hey folks this scares the do do out of me with a data base full of credit card info of "my" customers at any given time, how in the world would I change my password if I were hosting lets say at joes.com hosting service?

My point is I would be scared to even consider sunshop anything after what I have gone through up to this very day, I am looking for a way out now, today! Turnkey has the most smart mouthed support I have ever heard from, yes I ask questions of them expecting decent answers at times when I am down or the site is not working right etc. and this gets me into hot water with the little geeks there, so point #2, I would not ever host again with this company. I know there is 750+ that have had grrreat experience's with sunshop and their hosting I am sure but I am telling you sunshop 3.3 has been a nightmare for me from it's sellers, sunshop is a great tool but only if you get support "now and then", this is out right fraud and most likely cause me to lose my site for exposing my problems in here but I will never be anyone's hostage or sucker more than once so I am sharing the 100% truth on a on going nightmare I am having with sunshop 3.3 and the smart mouths at turnkey hosting this day, yes I am still with them but looking for a way out and was on my way out until the answer I received that the password had to be changed directly in "their" database, what about "my" data base, I feel like a total idiot for falling for turnkeys nonsense from the "support helpers", does anyone know if this is true about the owner of the shop can't change his/her own password? That is the facts as of this date March 07,2005!

Stew

I would love for anyone that has knowledge of a good inexpensive shopping cart that looks good please help, I except payments manually so I process them at my terminal, but again I purchased sunshop 3.3 and can't even change my own password? , that is absurd folks, if you have information on the sunshop that would share positive or negative please do, I would so appreciate it
    <unquote>

I had a bad experiece with these people as well. Lack of communication from support.

But I was just told that we can host this Sun Shop shopping cart software in our web server? And we can have full control of it?

Please read below thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...p&pagenumber=2

This Sun Shop shopping cart is selling for $189.99, not cheap at all.

But the current version is 3.4 now, maybe 3.4 is different from 3.3 that version 3.4 can host in our web server, but version 3.3 cannot?

I know you can do that but you will still need support. I think these people are good support just has lack of communication.

We use Sunshop directly installed to our web server. Only we have control of it. I think their scripts work well and since using them, we have decreased our number of abandoned carts.

Do you ever need their tech. support or do you do your own?

dgrif

Originally posted by griffinsmall
    Do you ever need their tech. support or do you do your own?

dgrif
    This is a good question!

Initially I used their tech support when installing the scripts. They always replied within 24 hours via email. No complaints with their support.

Columbus,

How long did they take to install the scripts for you?

How do you like Jensleypay and Paysat so far?
    Which do you prefer?

Thanks!

Columbus,

I forgot to ask you, what shopping cart are you using with paysat? Thanks!

Am not using a shopping cart with Paysat. So far Paysat and JensleyPay are ok. No complaints. Paysat are a little slower to respond than JensleyPay.

Got my scripts installed and working fine within about 2 days. Now, all is smooth sailing, so I can now concentrate more on marketing and product development.

Thank you, Columbus.

Good luck in your e-business.

I have to admit the Sunshop is one of the best shopping carts out there. If I knew how to work with php I would buy it in a minute. I hosted with a company and used it but the support was not that good.

dgrif