hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : PowerVPS Review

Forum Jump

PowerVPS Review

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2005, 01:08 AM

Thumbs up

PowerVPS Review

I've had a good experience so far with PowerVPS and I felt it reasonable to post a small review about what's went on so far with my move from a dedicated server to a VPS.

To start I was with EV1, on their lowest dedicated server. Me moving had nothing to do with EV1, they are a great company and offer a great service. But I needed something smaller and less expensive monthly. So I decide to move to a VPS where it would still be similar to a dedicated server, but way played down.

So far in the month I've been with PowerVPS I haven't had one single problem from them. The setup of my VPS went off without a hitch and was actually setup allot faster then I expected. Just like they advertised, everything was updated and ready to go once they sent all my account information. With the addition of Clientexec access (Great Program) and access to Fantastico absolutely free. You can't beat their price and service. They are about to offer RVskin to all their VPS users for a small monthly fee, and I was surprised that they were able to set it up so fast on my account once I asked for it.

Lets talk about their service and support depart for a moment. In just one word, outstanding. Response time, in most cases, is under 30 Min's. If it's later on in the hours for them, which I think they are GMT time, they can respond a bit slower. But it's never been more then an hour. They've always been able to fix my problems and in most cases will fix or add what I'd like just by asking once. It's great to request something your not sure you can get, and get a response back within 30 Min's saying it's setup and ready to go, and it not cost a thing. PowerVPS is a great company and they are expanding fast and I hope their service and support stays the way it is, outstanding.

If anyone were to ask me if I'd recommend PowerVPS, I'd say yes 200%. They are a great bunch of guys and girls (?) and they offer a great service, at a really nice price, and extras you can't find anywhere else. Good job PowerVPS and keep up the great work.

Phone/Fax: 1-877-50-Geekz

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

PowerVPS is very good. They handle me like only me the client :-)

I have more then 10 tickets in less than one month, but I am very happy. They assist me to solve my problem.

Thank you PowerVPS and Charles

Kalpin Erlangga Silaen

Old 03-15-2005, 01:02 AM

Thumbs up

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this thread.

I've been with PowerVPS for a few weeks now and so far they have been quite impressive. Their support has been very quick to respond and accurate.

We are still evaluating their servers so I cannot pass a final judgetment yet, but so far the server performance is as good or better than expected on the linux vps/cpanel server.

VPS is turning out to be a solid solution for cost effective, redundant servers in the sub-dedicated arena. We hope to move other clients/services to them soon.

-S

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2005, 03:22 AM

Thanks for the info.

I'm interested to hear how things continue to go. Feel free to PM me updates.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:42 PM
WHT Addict

Thumbs up

Totally agree... I have been totally happy with them.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Glad to see everyone is happy with them. I haven't had a problem out of them so far and from the way they've been handling everything doesn't seem like I will.

They are a good company and I'm sure they will go far with the way they manage everything.

Old 03-15-2005, 04:09 PM
WHT Addict

I Agree with you guys, am very satisfied

Old 03-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Web Hosting Master

I will probably be signing up for one there soon, they seem to have great reviews and have excellent prices.

Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Old 03-16-2005, 01:32 AM

I'd say go for it. I haven't had a problem out of them yet, nothing but great service and support thus far.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Temporarily Suspended

I agree with you.

Powervps is the best !!

for me powervps is the unique choice in vps market.

Best Performance, best support, best price.

Tanks tom and powervps staff

Old 03-22-2005, 01:20 PM

I have been wit PowerVPS now for almost a month and I couldn't be any happier.

Excelent customer support.

I would recomend PowerVPS to anyone looking for VPS hosting.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Junior Guru

Another satisfied customer.

I've been with powervps for 4 months and can only say good things.

Support is simply outstanding and I always get very prompt professional treatment.

PowerVPS is the host that I've been long looking for and I will definately take more business to them (assuming I ever get my own biz off the ground of course!)

-Turboz

Old 03-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I agree.

Powervps is right their in the top 3 vps providers.

Old 03-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Just wanted to chime in that my experience with PowerVPS has also been pretty good. I've been with them for only a few months but they've been patient/prompt with my support requests.

The only outage was a planned upgrade that was uneventful.

The server is pretty fast so I'm guessing the server isn't overloaded. It performs faster than my dedicated 2.4 celery machine (phpbb site).

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Security-as-a-Service Provider Alert Logic Announces Log Manager for Windows Azure, New UK VP of Sales Web Hosting News 2014-01-16 13:31:23
Review Group Releases Recommendations for Government Access to Private Data Web Hosting News 2013-12-24 09:51:22
Nicole Henderson Named Editor in Chief of the Web Host Industry Review Web Hosting News 2013-02-12 13:40:41
How Web Hosts Can Capitalize on the Social Media Marketing Craze Webinars 2012-10-25 17:45:41
Startup Review Signal Mines Twitter for Reliable Web Hosting Reviews Web Hosting News 2012-09-25 15:52:28