Is this right - more people visit my site in Konqueror than IE!

Hello

I was looking through my Awstats statistics today and was rather startled by the results for browser usage...

Code:
    Konqueror                63.3 %  
    MS Internet Explorer     27.3 % 
    Mozilla                  5.5 % 
    Firefox                  1 % 
    Netscape                 0.9 % 
    Opera                    0.8 % 
    Safari                   0.5 % 
    Unknown ?                0.5 % 
    Camino                   0.1 % 
    Firebird (Old Firefox)   0.1 %
    Basically more people access my web site in strange browsers that commercial browsers like IE. Konqueror hasn't had a new release since August last year....

I struggle to believe this to be correct, seeing as this is my website statistics for this month so far....
    Code:
                        Unique visitors    Number of visits    Pages     Hits      Bandwidth 
    Traffic viewed *    18772              35915               1838019   4276782   21.29 GB
    Is it normal for a web host to receive visits from these kinds of browsers? I didn't know that Konqueror had that much a market share little alone downloads....

It also seems strange that you have so many page views for the number of visits. It works out to an average of 51 page views per a visit. Seems mighty high.

I wonder if you didn't have one person with Konqueror (or a bot calling itself Konqueror) pull tons and tons of pages.
    Matt Wade
    Christian Web Hosting
    http://codewalkers.com/ - Home of the PHP Coding Contest
    http://phphosts.codewalkers.com/ - Directory of PHP Web Hosts. Free Listing.

Your site must suck... not enough Mozilla users... And we're the koolest.. therefore it must suck......

what...

Lol, I've had people visit my site on the DreamCast gaming consol
    Please apply for our current job openings: Link

I wonder if you didn't have one person with Konqueror (or a bot calling itself Konqueror) pull tons and tons of pages.
    If it was a bot, I would of imagined it would have been listed as a bot under not viewed traffic, but this is classed as a web browser.

It also seems strange that you have so many page views for the number of visits. It works out to an average of 51 page views per a visit. Seems mighty high.
    I'd imagine that to be correct, around 50 page views, as I have lots and lots and lots of content on my web site for customers to look at.

Around 70% of users stay for over 30 minutes, and 20% for over an hour.

Your site must suck
    Um.. thanks.

Lol, I've had people visit my site on the DreamCast gaming consol
    lol...isn't that thing like 7 years old?!?!

Your site is dead now right? because I guess it is renaissonce.com, because hostime.com dont have more than 50pages to view lol

No, its hostime.com which has way over 50 pages - around 350 pages including support documentation like flash tutorials.

Originally posted by whatever
    If it was a bot, I would of imagined it would have been listed as a bot under not viewed traffic, but this is classed as a web browser.
    I can create a bot that can report its User Agent as anything I like. As a matter of fact, many web browsers have a user customizable User Agent as well. Stats programs just look at the User Agent to determine what is being used to view a web site.

Originally posted by whatever
    I'd imagine that to be correct, around 50 page views, as I have lots and lots and lots of content on my web site for customers to look at.
    Your site may very well be out of the norm, but most web sites don't see anywhere near an average of 50 page views per a user. Yahoo, for instance, sees around 14-15 page views average per a user. Codewalkers.com (a site that I run) sees an average of about 4 page views per a user, and I have thousands of pages of content.

50 page views per a user would be especially strange for a hosting company I would think. Most visitors to a hosting company come to the first page, hit your rates page, and then leave. If you are saying that 70% of your visitors stay for longer than 30 minutes, I'd ask where did you get this from? I'd also ask, what's your secret and at what rate do you convert visitors in to sales?
    Matt Wade
    Christian Web Hosting

I will ask the same as Matt is asking... I agree with that he says... .. It's defently a bot

Yeah, probably a bot, or someone got the K sourcecode and probgrammed some nift little auto-surfer into it, or just opened a frame like a nuormal auto surfer.

I also think he's saying 70% of his trafic are clients looking for support... Doesn't sound good to me

Hi!

I'm seeing your site through Konqueror now and I'm not a bot ;-)

Regards,
    Gabbar

What is Konqeror then?

Matt Wade
    Christian Web Hosting

gooooooooooogle

Nice program.. but Im lazy to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle

Your site may very well be out of the norm, but most web sites don't see anywhere near an average of 50 page views per a user. Yahoo, for instance, sees around 14-15 page views average per a user. Codewalkers.com (a site that I run) sees an average of about 4 page views per a user, and I have thousands of pages of content.

50 page views per a user would be especially strange for a hosting company I would think. Most visitors to a hosting company come to the first page, hit your rates page, and then leave. If you are saying that 70% of your visitors stay for longer than 30 minutes, I'd ask where did you get this from? I'd also ask, what's your secret and at what rate do you convert visitors in to sales?
    I don't really want to delve into customer numbers, although I do have customers, and I don't really have any marketing secrets. Of the visits, a majority of the pageviews are those leaving after they visit the flash tutorials, which I would guess is why they stay for a while.

I would be looking at at least 500 pages of content INCLUDING support related items such as Flash tutorials, FAQs, etc...

Hi,

I've seen lots of hosts who have flash tutorials. None of them get 51 pageviews per visit, because the truth is that nobody watches more than 1 or 2 tutorials in one visit.

You still haven't cleared up how you know 70% of your visitors stay for 30+ minutes and 20% 60+ minutesl..

Do I smell CRAP in this thread?