Ethical Host and Ethical Network sucks!

Hello there,

I would like to ask for a solution to get back money from Paypal if the hosting company is down.

Last week, I needed a shared hosting with huge bandwidth. I made my request though Host Quote of WHT. After a few minutes, I got a response from EthicalHost (.com) of a custom plan that match my requirements. I also discussed with them abit and I also checked them out through some search here (WHT). I made the payment right after they sent my an email confirm how to make the payment and send back them information. I did it on last Friday and ...

I waited for 2 days (okie, fine, I thought that they don't work at weekend). On late evening of the next Monday, I sent them an email to re-confirm the payment I have made and the hosting request. Nothing happened. The next day, I was really angry cos I need that hosting in urgent. I sent them a complain email about their service. A few hour laters, no response from them. I checked out their website and omg, they all was disappeared. All of their website, ethicalhost.com and ethicalnetwork.com are gone with the wind. I even didn't know how to do.

I'm really mad and really fed up with their services. They talked loud at WHT and do nothing.

I would like to ask if there's any way to ask Paypal to get back the money I have made? And if there're anyone had the same situation like mine? How is your solution?

Thank you alot.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes you can get your money back with paypal. Just login and look for the link to file a complaint.
      0 Not allowed!

Next time you should choose a host who will offer you a free trial. That way you get to lnow who you are dealing with before any money exchanges hands.
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off
    I'm Mad as Hell, And I'm not going to take it anymore!
      0 Not allowed!

Waiting for the crew to come in and say "but we need to hear other side of story first, host cannot possibly do wrong".
      0 Not allowed!

rotflmao. Are you serious?
    Bill
    Bank of America Rip-Off
    I'm Mad as Hell, And I'm not going to take it anymore!
      0 Not allowed!

Well I would certainly contact paypal and I would also report this through webhostingtalk.http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

All the more reason people should do thorough research on their host!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds to me like the person did do the reasearch on WHT as they used the hostquote and loooked it up on the boards. You just run into these situations. We wish you all the best with paypal but if you file a complaint then you will get your money back.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by NeedWebNow
    Sounds to me like the person did do the reasearch on WHT as they used the hostquote and loooked it up on the boards. You just run into these situations.
    Not hardly thorough research! Theres been many posts, complaints of people going through host quote only to get burned.
    It sounded to me like there wasnt much research on the host itself after he got a response through the system, he just took a deal and signed up.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

I have contacted Paypal and about to have the refund from them. Okie, that's fine to me. Anyways, I did do a research on Ethical Host on WHT, but it seems they're okie. I believed the recommendation from host quote at WHT and didn't much time to consider. I was in a hurry to have a host.

Thanks for all who have given me advices. However, I still need a hosting plan that about 2~4Gb space, 300-400 Gb bandwidth a month and can host 4-5 sites. Are there anyone can give me recommendation. I only want stable and truthful hosting service. My budget could be 35$ - 40$ a month.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by thebigidea
    Waiting for the crew to come in and say "but we need to hear other side of story first, host cannot possibly do wrong".
    Sorry if that bothers you.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.
      0 Not allowed!

you might want to seach for a VPS for that amount of bandwidth
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DecentHost
    you might want to seach for a VPS for that amount of bandwidth
    And maybe raise your budget a little bit.....
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....
      0 Not allowed!