hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Need help to decide VPS

Forum Jump

Need help to decide VPS

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Need help to decide VPS

Hi everybody
I have a total of 5 websites. 4 of them are pretty small sites with around 50-150 unique users each, but one has a popular forum and growing every day. Daily unique visitors to this site is around 1000 and my hosting company (I have a reseller account) has nicely told me to find another company (they said they can't carry this site) last week.
I've been searching on WHT for couple of days, and I believe VPS is a good solution for me (since dedicated servers are pretty expensive).
Do you think a $50 VPS package would be enough for my needs? I've focused on two company names serverint and powervps. Could you recommend one to another and why?
Also I've always used CPanel until today, even though I've read the details for Plesk option, I'd like to hear the actual differences. How can I choose CPanel or Plesk?
thanks in advanve for the answers

Sponsored Links
Old

I recommend PowerVPS.com.

They're very friendly and very fast support.

Old

I've a full time job and I'm pretty busy. I want to be involved as minimum as possible with the server issues. How much of the work do they accept you to do? and also are there any extra costs along the way?

Sponsored Links
Old

I also had many problems with DDOS attacks with my current hosting. Would either of these companies protect my account against DDOS attacks?

Old
Web Hosting Master

i would recommend servint, you get more for your bang for your buck

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Talks Data Privacy and Web Hosting at WHD.global 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-04-10 09:08:45
Nominet Plans to Make Shorter .UK Domains Available Starting June 10 Web Hosting News 2014-02-03 12:08:10
Host Surf UK Launches US Hosting Plans and Services Web Hosting News 2013-08-22 10:13:19
Cloud Business Planning: Hosting, Syndication or Both, with John McMillian Web Hosting News 2013-02-05 18:48:14
Web Hosting Coupon Codes - Building New Business with Discounts Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:46:56