Thread: CredibleHost

* CredibleHost

I am having serious problems getting in contact with CredibleHost.

Their phone is dead (no answer), when I email I get a reply saying their mail box is full and there is no reply to any tickets I submit. This has been going on for several weeks now...

Anyone else having simular problems?

~ Matt
    ~ GigeServers for DDOS-Protected Dedicated Servers ~ www.GigeServers.com ~

I take it no one has had any bad experience with them

~ Matt
    ~ GigeServers for DDOS-Protected Dedicated Servers ~ www.GigeServers.com ~

Their name is CredibleHost... Like they REALLY want you to think they're actually credible....
    mmk
    Please apply for our current job openings: Link

I take it no one has had any bad experience with them
    Maybe not right now. In any case, your report on them is quite worrying. Did you try their support forum? Maybe you'll have better luck there, although, from the looks of it, there's not much to hope from there either (I read a few recent threads).

Let us know how things go.

Good luck!

This was discussed here on the main Webhosting forum. The owner, Bonnie, was never one to let anyone else have root access to the server. Help was limited to her and her only for major issues. Unfortunately, where she lives internet is tenous at best. She has been frequently been losing service lately, sometimes for days at a time. They are also saying that Paysystems has been charging their customers despite their account having been cancelled, so they have been hemmoraging money.
    I think Bonnie is a great person, she really wanted to build a successful and caring hosting company. But she got in over her head, grew way too fast and never had or even tried to implement any expansion plans. The result has been disastrous for them, I fear. I hope she can turn it around, but posts like this keep my hope fading...

Hi Darren,

I agree with you and I too hope that she can turn it around somehow. It doesn't look very good on her forums.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Well there is a discussion on crediblehost, here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t&pagenumber=2

There seems to be some issue, but not sure exactly what that could be.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Hi Ed, Yikes! Was I supposed to contact to contact you a week or so ago -- or longer! -- If you still need my help gimme a shout.

Yep, I don't use them any longer, but did offer to help her out and visit the forums to see if I can answer the odd problem or two. It really is a shame. I never experienced the "family atmosphere" among the clients over there when it was humming. Great bunch of clients, as witnessed here by some. They stick with her through thick and thicker...

Originally posted by USWEB-Darren
    Hi Ed, Yikes! Was I supposed to contact to contact you a week or so ago -- or longer! -- If you still need my help gimme a shout.

Yep, I don't use them any longer, but did offer to help her out and visit the forums to see if I can answer the odd problem or two. It really is a shame. I never experienced the "family atmosphere" among the clients over there when it was humming. Great bunch of clients, as witnessed here by some. They stick with her through thick and thicker...
    No Darren, it was almost 2 months ago now but I thought I contacted you around that time and said I was ok. I ended up with a reseller account on Site5 and everything's been fine so far.
    CatfishEd.com

jupp, as I wrote in other topics, I think the big problem is the organisation, there is no organisation whatsoever in this company.

Regarding her internet connection: you cannot run a business like that. If you are aware that the internet connection around your area sucks, and even experience outages of days, you simply solve it by getting somebody else to help you with support, somebody with root access and reliable. The same applies with "family problems". A company can't rely on an owner that disappears because of private stuff and leaves the customers there waiting for a week, it simply doesn't work like that.

Paysystems fraud reports started to pop-up in September last year but Bonnie stuck to them until January, 4 months to make the move is way too long and resulted in a lot more of clients victims of illegal charges.

They decided to cancel a couple of servers and move the accounts on those servers to the ones that would stay by the end of January, the move has been the worse I have seen, leaving people without websites for days, weeks, some still have problems with their sites.

Not to talk about her control over the domains she sells. I had problems transfering a domain away from her, but luckily Enom solved it with me. Many people have reported their domain has expired or is about to expire and she is sitting there doing nothing besides the so-called "I will look at it" or "I will do it later today".

Until last weekend Linda was still around the forum, now the forum seems to be dead, I guess the answer will be "we have been answering to tickets" or "we didn't have internet connection".

Organisational problems... she wanted/wants to have control over everything and she ended up having control over _nothing_. I hope she realises that and starts from 0 with a partner or with support techs that she can trust - she is nice and cared about customers, but it got out of her hands, too much and for too long.

Originally posted by BitterSweet
    jupp, as I wrote in other topics, I think the big problem is the organisation, there is no organisation whatsoever in this company.

Regarding her internet connection: you cannot run a business like that. If you are aware that the internet connection around your area sucks, and even experience outages of days, you simply solve it by getting somebody else to help you with support, somebody with root access and reliable. The same applies with "family problems". A company can't rely on an owner that disappears because of private stuff and leaves the customers there waiting for a week, it simply doesn't work like that.

Paysystems fraud reports started to pop-up in September last year but Bonnie stuck to them until January, 4 months to make the move is way too long and resulted in a lot more of clients victims of illegal charges.

They decided to cancel a couple of servers and move the accounts on those servers to the ones that would stay by the end of January, the move has been the worse I have seen, leaving people without websites for days, weeks, some still have problems with their sites.

Not to talk about her control over the domains she sells. I had problems transfering a domain away from her, but luckily Enom solved it with me. Many people have reported their domain has expired or is about to expire and she is sitting there doing nothing besides the so-called "I will look at it" or "I will do it later today".

Until last weekend Linda was still around the forum, now the forum seems to be dead, I guess the answer will be "we have been answering to tickets" or "we didn't have internet connection".

Organisational problems... she wanted/wants to have control over everything and she ended up having control over _nothing_. I hope she realises that and starts from 0 with a partner or with support techs that she can trust - she is nice and cared about customers, but it got out of her hands, too much and for too long.
    That pretty well sums it up. Sad but true.
    CatfishEd.com

Originally posted by catfished
    No Darren, it was almost 2 months ago now but I thought I contacted you around that time and said I was ok. I ended up with a reseller account on Site5 and everything's been fine so far.
    Ah ha! Ok, thanks Ed. I thought you had told me all was well, but wanted to be sure. The old senility kicking in early...

Originally posted by USWEB-Darren
    Ah ha! Ok, thanks Ed. I thought you had told me all was well, but wanted to be sure. The old senility kicking in early...

Watch out for that senility pal, it gets a lot worst when you get to my age but it has it's good points like getting away with almost anything by blaming it on senility.
    CatfishEd.com