GoDaddy Virtual Private Server

For $40 a month, this seems pretty good:
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti...isplay=virtual

Anyone with them? What has your experience been?

Re: GoDaddy Virtual Private Server

Originally posted by daz884
    For $40 a month, this seems pretty good:
    https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti...isplay=virtual

Anyone with them? What has your experience been?
    Try www.ev1servers.net as I believe you will get better support at about the same price.

The GoDaddy prices are better than most, and GoDaddy will likely survive into the future, to help you.

- $49.80/month for 20G disk, 500G bandwidth, RH9, Plesk 7.5 30 user
    - $113.50/month for 50G disk, 1000G bw, RH9, Plesk 7.5 unlimited

But GoDaddy won't specify minimum memory available to the VDS, max # VDS/server, server specs, etc. They don't backup automatically. Plesk doesn't have an automatic backup capability (per GoDaddy). GoDaddy won't partition part of the disk allocation for hot backups. They describe their service as "unmanaged", though they are pretty good at responding to email support requests, with answers in about 24 hours.

If you're not knowledgeable about and comfortable with managing a server, or if you expect support should be more prompt than 24 hours, you should look elsewhere, IMHO.

I'm paying more for my Servint VPS, but I'm very pleased with the support I'm getting.

Jack.

Originally posted by jhobbs1

I'm paying more for my Servint VPS, but I'm very pleased with the support I'm getting.
    I strongly agree with the comment on ServInt. If you are looking for a nice VPS with great support have a look at ServInt. GoDaddy does reply to support nicely but they thier replies take an average of 10-15 hours.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

After Go Daddy's recent super bowl ads, which I found just tasteless, I'm much less excited about spending money with them. Too bad, since they have about the best web ui for domain name management that I've seen.