hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : HostingCon : Any equipment vendors?

Forum Jump

Any equipment vendors?

Reply Post New Thread In HostingCon Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Any equipment vendors?

Are you guys going to be able to get any equipment vendors to exhibit? Hardware or networking equipment?

4 months out and the exhibitor list is looking a little shabby...

...mod friendly signature compliant

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

We'll be announcing several more exhibitors in the next few days that have not made it to the site yet. At this time we don't have any confirmed equipment manufacturers, but I do know that at least one server manufacturer is planning to exhibit. I'm sure there will be others.

To be honest, we're actually way ahead of our expectations for exhibitors. We're up close to 30 exhibitors currently.

If you compare that against ISPCON, which is a much bigger show than ours, we only have a few less exhibitors than they do at this point, and their conference is a week or two before ours.

I'm confident that we'll have a well-rounded exhibit hall that will have something for everyone in the industry.

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Old 02-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Oh, and I'm just curious how you define "shabby"?

We've already signed on some of the bigger companies that provide products and services to the hosting industry (control panels, billing/automation, outsourced support, dedicated servers, turnkey reseller solutions, e-commerce software, analytics, and more).

Just out of curiousity, what are you expecting to see in the exhibit hall at HostingCon? You've already mentioned hardware/networking equipment. What else?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Yes I can see that you have all of the control panels covered. But besides that I guess it just looks too narrowly focused. Geared too much toward small time hosters instead of the whole industry.

I am not trying to trash the show, I really would like to see a good turn out, but I think without a segment of hardware vendors (and more of some of the types of vendors you already have) the show will be severely lacking.

Quote:
Originally posted by sirtwist
Oh, and I'm just curious how you define "shabby"?

We've already signed on some of the bigger companies that provide products and services to the hosting industry (control panels, billing/automation, outsourced support, dedicated servers, turnkey reseller solutions, e-commerce software, analytics, and more).

Just out of curiousity, what are you expecting to see in the exhibit hall at HostingCon? You've already mentioned hardware/networking equipment. What else?

...mod friendly signature compliant

Old 02-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Please keep in mind we only have a certain amount of space on the exhibit hall floor. We're trying to balance the size of the exhibit hall with the number of attendees we expect to have so that it's not too large and not too small.

HostingCon 2005 will not be an extremely large conference/exhibition. We expect 600-750 attendees. Our exhibit hall will hold a little under 50 exhibitors.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
BurstNET Sued for Not Making Equipment Lease Payments: Court Documents Web Hosting News 2014-03-24 14:25:26
The Network is the Bottleneck: Stacks and Flows Are the Answer Web Hosting News 2013-10-02 11:49:08
Georgia Technology Center Network Equipment Showroom Opens in Colo Atl Data Center Web Hosting News 2012-11-13 11:26:43
Cloud Vendors Form Program to Help Web Hosts Launch Cloud Services Web Hosting News 2012-10-24 16:35:13
Cloud Business Models with Pierre Descoteaux - HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-18 15:34:00