Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something I've Noticed

I'm not trying to create a flame thread or troll thread, but there is something at hand to take into consideration. I've noted this in November and January and it seemed rather weird to me.

I also noticed that during several months out of the year we would have the terrorist level raised to orange, but in November when we had our elections no terrorist warning was raised to Orange.

I also noticed that when Bush had his little party no warning. It seems that all of sudden since he was re-elected the warning has stayed at yellow. Has anyone noticed this before and after? It makes me wonder if this was ploy, a scare tactic to put fear into the citizens of our country.
    Kerry Jones

As I told you before, George W. Bush's policy, for better or for worse, is:

"Scare 'em, Get 'em, F*** 'em."

Obviously some people agree with this. I mean, if one thing can be said about it, it's that it's sure easy to administer! But I, for one, don't feel like giving into his scare tactics (whether intended or not, I don't care at this point).

I think once you review what exactly determines the current terrorist threat level, and what it would take to raise it, you'll just ignore the whole "terrorist level" thing altogether like most Americans.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

In Fahrenheit 911, Michael Moore was talking about this.
    It kept fluctuating.. so it seems like it was a scare tactic.
    Also, On one hand, bush was saying that we are in severe danger, and that an attack is definite, however, the bush administration was also saying to continue your daily day you normally would, because they are here to protect us.. etc.

Originally posted by ilyash
    In Fahrenheit 911, Michael Moore was talking about this.
    It kept fluctuating.. so it seems like it was a scare tactic.
    Also, On one hand, bush was saying that we are in severe danger, and that an attack is definite, however, the bush administration was also saying to continue your daily day you normally would, because they are here to protect us.. etc.
    Yes. It's a double-edged sword.

I suppose next we'll see, at a movie theater:

"FIRE!!! ... but please continue viewing the movie normally."

Did Tom Ridge not resign right after the election?
    Even though he stayed on in the position I doubt he was making any major decisions.

This could have a lot to do with the stability of the warning levels.

The terrorist threat level indicator is a useless piece of crap. No matter what color that thing is I am more in danger of getting hit by a car, chocking on food, being in a car crash, food poisoning, and etc.
    I personally always disregard that.

You can never predict the future, and having a "level" is just stupid, it's obvious during big events the risk is going to be higher.

Just common sense. Ignore it all IMO.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Originally posted by adorno
    This thread is pointless and nonsense and useless and a piece of crap.
    That's rather irrelevant. While we (well, most of us; I have already given adequate reasoning in previous posts) have provided information to back up our claims, you make a blatant comeback with absolutely no relevance or regard to the topic at hand. Perhaps you ought to try approaching arguments from a different level, instead of coming in here and insulting us, and fueling your record of posts with absolutely no factual back-up (all sources are GOP or related links), not furthering your argument any, simply telling someone who asks you what a link in question pertains to to do research on their own.

Adorno.. Come on, this is a discussion, not some kind of a battle.
    Please try to think about what you are posting and the impact before hitting the "post" button.

This thread is actually quite interesting, because fear is a weapon, we all know that. Communism/Fascism used it, and it seems to me like the Bush administration is too [although to not so much of an extent]

Please try to think about what you are posting and the impact before hitting the "post" button.

This thread is actually quite interesting, because fear is a weapon, we all know that. Communism/Fascism used it, and it seems to me like the Bush administration is too [although to not so much of an extent]
    Agreed, I don't really get how your point was "proven" adorno. How did I prove that this thread is a useless, pointless, nonsense piece of garbage? Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssseee enlighten me.

You want to talk about fear?

Ok....

Is terrorism real and something to be feared?

Should be complacent in the face of possible terrorist attacks?

Is the absense of terror warnings an indication that the threats don't exist.

How about if we approach the fear question that way?

Adorno,

The reason why I made this thread is because I observe things more openly than other people. I'm what you would call "wide eye" a person who sees greater than most. We know terrorism is scary for people because you can spell terrorism without terrori.

The question I have at hand is why wasn't the level elevated on election day when it would be thought that terrorist would strike on these days? I feel like Bush Adminstration puts it all in a hat and tells of this day and that day will be elevated above yellow.

What about the Nuclear Oxide that might have been smuggled into Boston by Chinnese Immigrants and 4 Iraqis? Do you not think the status should have been raised to orange or red?
    Kerry Jones

Getting away from the "adorno" threat and back to the subject ar hand.

Kerry Jones sorry I miss read the start of your first post. I read "I am trying to create a flame thread" . I thought this could prove interesting, then thinking about it a bit more I realised that nearly all current event threads end up as flame threads anyway.

As was previously stated, fluctuating the warning level could be seen as a scare tactic. (my words not a quote). It also creates two other weapons of control. Confusion and Division.

*Divide and Conquer

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Kerry Jones has a point.
    During the ignaguration DC was very vurnerble to an attack, yet the threat level stayed the same.

Originally posted by adorno
    You want to talk about fear?

Ok....

Is terrorism real and something to be feared?

Should be complacent in the face of possible terrorist attacks?

Is the absense of terror warnings an indication that the threats don't exist.

How about if we approach the fear question that way?
    Okay, let's approach it that way.

There are a number of things wrong with that way of thinking.

Firstly, it's also possible that you will slip and fall, get a concussion, land in a coma, and die.

What basis do you have to say that either is more likely than the other?

There are so many ways to die, why don't we worry about each and every one of them? I could get shot in the park, so I'm not going to go to the park. I could get mugged and knifed on the street, so I'm not going into town.

Are you beginning to see what is wrong with having such a erroneous belief?

Just because a terror attack happens once doesn't mean we have to be constantly on edge, in almost eager apprehension of what the "terrorists" might do next.

Sure, they could do any number of things if they really wanted. Our current security policies and the Homeland Security Department and the TSA and the Patriot Act and the border policies and our other safeguards are, unfortunately, not going to prevent determined terrorists who only have their mission in their intentions. If they really want to do something, they will. So obviously a) they don't really want to do something (at least at this point), or b) they don't have the means to do it (which would be even better).

Even with all the regulations, legislation, policies, and executive orders we have, have had, and will have, can't you still think of at least a few ways terrorists could kill people? Maybe not through the same means as they did on 9/11, but there are any number of ways terrorists could do what they want. What about dirty bombs? Can we really do much about protecting our water supply? Is it really feasible, practically speaking? Is it worth the money, energy, time, and resources it would take to do so?

So why not wait and see what happens instead of trying to commit every available (and unavailable) resource to the job of protecting America to every extent possible?

Perhaps if we stop feeding these so-called terrorists' fire, they will stop finding us such an appealing target.

Have you ever been made fun of? What did you do? If you told the person to "stop it", or if you looked really sad and upset? Most likely that person is a bully and has no intentions to stop bullying you just because you ask. What about if you said the nastiest thing back that you could think of? Would it be nasty enough to stop a bully? Is there a nastiest thing you can say to someone... absolutely? What about if you just fully ignored and disregarded them, what they were saying, and their cause? I bet they stopped harrassing you, at least after a few minutes and last desperate attempts.

Just the same, is there an absolute worst thing you can say or do back to terrorists that will stop them from doing what they intended to do? Even if you wipe all of them out (not really possible, but ideally), more will be raised with this ideology, and so the cycle continues.

So, please, name me one reason why we should continue trying so hard to safeguard America, causing enormous inconvenience for much of the travelling public (that includes local car driving, and walking around), committing troops and resources to a cause which we cannot financially nor logistically back (remember: terrorism and its many ideologies are a never-ending cycle; we cannot stop it absolutely, unless we commit an infinite amount of money and resources), causing a huge inconvenience for people of Muslim and Middle Eastern heritage both internationally and across the United States (subjecting them to heavy intolerance and racial profiling is not my idea of a good America), and most of all, putting our civil liberties in the trash!

Red Alert! Shields to maximum!

Some people need to grow up

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    Perhaps if we stop feeding these so-called terrorists' fire, they will stop finding us such an appealing target.
    I am not a religious man but I will say AMEN to the above!

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    . . . The reason why I made this thread is because I observe things more openly than other people. I'm what you would call "wide eye" a person who sees greater than most.
    If you say so. I think you've got to get out there (get a job, raise a family etc) before claiming that you're seeing things "greater than most".
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

What does that has to do with the ability to see things more than most and for your information I have applied at several fast food places and adminstrive entry level offices.
    Kerry Jones

What does that has to do with the ability to see things more than most . . .

It just sounds a bit boasty, and coming from someone with little life experience, it's a bit hard to believe that you're a "person who sees greater than most". Don't get me wrong, I think you're a very intelligent young man, but you, as we all do, have a lot of learning and growing to do.
    . . . and for your information I have applied at several fast food places and adminstrive entry level offices.
    Good luck with those applications!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

It just sounds a bit boasty, and coming from someone with little life experience, it's a bit hard to believe that you're a "person who sees greater than most". Don't get me wrong, I think you're a very intelligent young man, but you, as we all do, have a lot of learning and growing to do.
    It may seem like it, but even the young can someday be great leaders. I'm young right now partipating in local poltics ( city) and maybe one day i'll move on to state poltics and finally federal poltics. The road I pave now will lead me that way some day.
    Kerry Jones

It may seem like it, but even the young can someday be great leaders. I'm young right now partipating in local poltics ( city) and maybe one day i'll move on to state poltics and finally federal poltics. The road I pave now will lead me that way some day.
    President Kerry Jones! One thing's for sure you have the ideal name.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Yes, many have said I have an ideal name that can be remembered.

Kerry Lee Jones
    Kerry Jones

Yes, many have said I have an ideal name that can be remembered.

Kerry Lee Jones
    and in 10-15 years when you run, a lot of people were are young now will say "did he run against bush back in 2004?.. oh wait that was JOHN KERRY"

Others will say "I didnt like John Kerry and I don't like his son!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast