Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    I have read the last 6 ish pages(40 per page) and I must say. Even though I had great respect for EZZI before, I respect them more now. This is the second time I have seen a "company" with them basically ditch their customers, and they have done everything they could to help those customers.

If you are looking for a dedicated box, I would say going with them is a safe bet.

Good luck with this everone!

And if you need a temporary account, I have some space I can spare. No strings attached. Just contact me at [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Absolutly Sheps.

I am also so very impressed with the help and support I have been offered or recieved from members of this community. I would really like to thank the people (like yourself) who offered space and transfers for people like me who couldn't get the data in the time given.

Ezzi extended the time the servers are up - I think untill monday - so I now have my data and can't thank them and everyone enough.

Hayden
      0 Not allowed!

Agrees completly with Sheps and allso would like to thank this community for their support, knowledge and kind words in this time of 'crisis'

0 Not allowed!

To sum this thread up, hosting is a rocky industry for small hosting companies. Small hosting companies constantly try to prove that they can provide the support that it takes to satisfy a customer. On the contrary when a small hosting company grows at a rapid pace and starts to expand in a way where there current clients experience difficulty with support and downtime with servers the cycle starts over again. Your back to square one. This is what keeps certain companies from expanding and becoming a large corporate entity. They don't have a proper plan in place to measure out expandibility. As for the host mentioned in this thread, they are going through a tough time. I read this thread and a few others about them and it seems like they have forgotten the true meaning to "customer support". They have forgotten why they are able to expand and are solely looking at how much money per customer they can make.

Anyhow I hope everything is resolved in a practical manner.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by McSock-Hunter
    That is actually true. He doesn't believe in refunds. I do want a refund but i know i will not get it. I think he own oktagone in part too.

THEREFORE, i want his picture so i know what he looks like, incase i ever bump into him, i am going to give him a piece of my mind.

I have already shifted hosts, but i only will be happy when greg pays up.
    http://www.oktagone.net.au/greg/stuff/nocgreg.jpg
    Last edited by DosEvil; 02-05-2005 at 04:35 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Ah so that's what the little runt looks like.
      0 Not allowed!

Oktagone.net.au works for me now, is this a good thing?
      0 Not allowed!

Whatever it is, I suggest you get a backup.
      0 Not allowed!

I didn't have much on my account as it was just over a day old. My domain isn't even registered yet.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe that the post with the picture should be deleted. What the guy looks like makes no difference, and threats are plain silly.
    The problem we have/had is with oktagone as a company
      0 Not allowed!

I agree
      0 Not allowed!

Well if Greg wants it taken down all he has to do ie remove it from his server.

Pernally, there are a bunch of things on that server of a personal nature I would never think of putting up into insecure webspace. Being in the industry, I'd think he should know better.
      0 Not allowed!

Some interesting information you might want to know, one of his mates, and an admin on one of his sides plainly admitted that Oktagone didn't pay the bills and just ran with the money
    Knowing Greg for several years, I sincerely doubt that he would do that on a whim.
      0 Not allowed!

Might want to check these too:

www . bazon . net /mishoo/home.epl?NEWS_ID=552
    www . bazon . net /mishoo/home.epl?NEWS_ID=577

Besides everything, Greg proven that he has weak skills at best about system administration. Perhaps that's the reason he removed the forums with our discussion--it was obvious that he had no clue what I was talking about. He blocked my account for 30h+ because I was suspected to have hacked the server can you believe it.. All I needed was cvs and ssh in order to synchronize my source tree and shell access that was part of their service when I bought one-year hosting from OG. I congratulate myself for not keeping the CVS server there...

I'm telling you, if any of you guys are _still_ customers of Oktagone, it's time to hit the road. I was very happy after I got rid of them. And, never buy your domain from your hosting provider, whatever it is. ;-)

Good luck!

PS: I was very tempted to buy "sucktagone.net" and put together a site with the facts. But I quit the idea as I thought it doesn't worth the efforts.
    --
    mishoo
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone know what's going on?. I thought the servers were supposed to have been switched off nearly two hours ago ?
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm.. Well this is all the information I could get from ezzi. Doesn't look like they're coming back....

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Chris'
    Chris: Hi, May I help you?
    you: Hello
    Chris: Hello...
    you: I am a customer of "Oktagone.net", and they are not telling any of their customers anything. I was wondering whether you can give me any information as to what is happening with them, since they're website and mine were offline for quite some time.
    you: I've heard rumours that they are shutdown.. for ever.
    Chris: At EZZI, it appears they are
    Chris: I cannot speak on the details of the account or what they are doing corporately
    you: Ok that's fine. You dont believe they will be reopening their account/site anytime soon?
    Chris: As far as their account with EZZI goes it appears to be closed out. I cannot speak as to what the future of the company is
    Chris: I cannot speak on it as I do not know
    Chris: We only know what their status with us is
    you: Ok thank you. One final thing, I heard from Ezzi that we have got some time to make backups of our website, it was supposed to be until 8 EST yesterday, but it appears to of been extended. Do you know how long it's been extended for?
    Chris: My understanding is they were supposed to be shut down last night as well, but I've received no word to shut them down or when they will be shut down or why they are still up. My best advice would be to get what you can as fast as possibe, because they could be shut down at any time
    you: Ok thanks. One person mentioned (not sure who they were) that it had been extended for at least 12 hours. Thanks for your time. Bye.
    Chris: You're welcome, Goodbye
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
    I really need to get my domain back from oktagone, but I don't think I can very easily - any ideas?
    Last edited by Adam18uk; 02-05-2005 at 10:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Some interesting information you might want to know, one of his mates, and an admin on one of his sides plainly admitted that Oktagone didn't pay the bills and just ran with the money
    Ok, before making up things like this, why not check Ezzi's TOS. You'll find that they fine anyone who doesn't pay and they take legal action to get their money back. If Greg wanted to 'do a runner' he would have closed his account with Ezzi, rather than stopped paying. This is also a very childish comment "my friend/daddy/uncle told me that [insert-outlandish-rumour-here], so therefore it must be true"
      0 Not allowed!

OktaGone Publishing will be releasing a fully cleared announcement to it's customers within the hour about how current customers can be reinbursed, and resetup with their hosting accounts.

All i am going to say is that, we are very dissapointed with EZZI releasing our private account information between us and them on this forum. This whole situation would have been less physically and emotionally draining on myself if Phil Smith didnt release the fact we "owed money" on this forum. I do not know why this was done - but for whatever reason, thats just not nice, or legal.

Regardless of what you guys have been doing to try and destroy us more over the past 3 days, incuding trying to link to private pictures of myself, my family and other confidential information, we are working our way back online, but it is a slow process.

We have nearly 1000 clients, the last thing in this situation we are going to do is run away. That is a childish thing to suggest, anyone who knows us better can tell you that.

OktaGone and her customers will live again very soon.
    Last edited by oktagone; 02-05-2005 at 11:22 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

well according ezzi theyre done with them, maybe oktagone contineus on Australian soil (refers the new datacenter).
      0 Not allowed!

20. I work for EZZI and tend to stay off these message boards, but being I have been quoted here I am only going to say this about this entire situation. Oktagone had no plot to rip anyone off as it seems some have stated. They are as devestated by the servers being shut down as anyone (more actually). And anyone who posts anything about anyones family shows nothing but insensitivity and ignorance. You should be ashamed of yourself if you have done so. This is business you leave a mans family out of it.

My two cents for what its worth.
      0 Not allowed!

Sidenote: Ezzi is within the United State laws of defamation. While Ezziís statements where public they are based on facts and with any defamation claim, it canít be held on the grounds of fact or facts believed true. Unless Oktagone admits and proves "downtime" had nothing to do with missed billing cycle then they have no case under United States law.
    Last edited by mikepl; 02-05-2005 at 11:42 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by mikepl
    Sidenote: Ezzi is within the United State laws of defamation. While Ezziís statements where public they are based on facts and with any defamation claim, it canít be held on the grounds of fact or facts believed true. Unless Oktagone admits and proves "downtime" had nothing to do with missed billing cycle then they have no case under United States law.
    Contractual and Privacy agreements with EZZI.net forbid them to release client account information to anyone but the account holder.
      0 Not allowed!

and resetup with their hosting accounts.
    Are you offering to move anyone who wants to to the Australia DC? If you are then I'll take it, I only have about 2 months left on my shared hosting and if I can use them then I will, and I'll decide whether to stay based on how things go during those months. And I expect there are a few more customers beside myself who would be willing to wait out their current contracts and see how things go (you did ask for another chance).
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by oktagone
    Contractual and Privacy agreements with EZZI.net forbid them to release client account information to anyone but the account holder.
    Well, you're the one who posted the chat transcript...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by somebody
    Are you offering to move anyone who wants to to the Australia DC? If you are then I'll take it, I only have about 2 months left on my shared hosting and if I can use them then I will, and I'll decide whether to stay based on how things go during those months. And I expect there are a few more customers beside myself who would be willing to wait out their current contracts and see how things go (you did ask for another chance).
    Yes, an email will be sent out shortly.
      0 Not allowed!

will that announcemet be via mail site or here?
      0 Not allowed!

i'd love to hear what options we have....
      0 Not allowed!

from what I read I see that you have been quite close to your customers greg, I dont understand why you could not just say at the start how there was an error or a billing issue with the hosts, and that you were trying to clear it up as quickly as possible. I dont understand why that had to be hidden, people dont mind if there was an issue, from what see here they just wanted the truth. I think you would have kept alot more customers if the situation was addressed right away - then all the unnessesary bitching that everyone, even you, have been envolved in. looking through the posts Ezzi have come out as the most professional and caring, this is not a dig, but perhaps in the future if something like this happens, the truth will be told, instead of rumor and bitching running riot. you say Ezzi's comments were out of order, but a few pages back your little rant was pretty bad as well, it aslo came across very childish.

I wish you all the best for the future, and hope the new DC goes well giving you a larger userbase. good luck
      0 Not allowed!

Has any one recieved the email yet? I severely hope its not sent to an email that is hosted under oktagone, because at that point I will not have access to it.
      0 Not allowed!

The email will be sent out to the email address you signed up with, or have told us to update before the 31st.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I've just been able to get into cPanel and everything is still there! TBH I'm with Oktagone, and it looks like Ezzi are useless

However as an Oktagone customer I am *very* disappointed that I haven't been kept up to date of what's going on, and had to hear from a friend about this thread. More e-mails should have been sent to let us know what's been going on...
      0 Not allowed!

I hope someone put's the Email online, some of us can't even remember with which Email they signed up or even if it's still exists.

0 Not allowed!

greg could you send me that email ( applepie server ) I have no idea what email I have on record. Active email is: mike (at) xmitmedia.com
    Last edited by mikepl; 02-05-2005 at 12:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

It will be the email that you originally registered with when you first signed up unless you have asked to change/update it - I'd imagine

Edit: It says in the IRC chat that it will be a few hours for the email... not one hour.
      0 Not allowed!

It says in the IRC chat that it will be a few hours for the email... not one hour.
    That topic was set quite a few hours ago though.
      0 Not allowed!

Ah sorry for the mixup (Only just joined).
      0 Not allowed!

well its been about 2 hours, since the 1 hour notice, oktagone will you post on here when you send out the emails, maybe even post a copy of the email? Especially for people who may not have the ability to check the address at which the email is being sent to.

--edit--
    Nvm, the emails just went out
    Last edited by arciisine; 02-05-2005 at 01:17 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Dear OktaGone Customers and Friends,

On the 1st of February, 2005, our NYC Provider shut off all of our servers due to the fact we had a bill outstanding for approximatelly $4000 USD. While we can sit here and blame them and make excuses for the current situation, we are not going to do this.

EZZI have been very leniant with OktaGone in the past, however, they decided we were now a "Risk", for reasons still unknown to us, and have ceased all communication with us. We have tried to get some backups off our core server, but they refused to give us access, until we paid them $11,000 USD (Total of outstanding invoices, plus February's invoices).

In Past months, OktaGone has been allowed to pay invoices over a monthly duration, which is best suited for us, since our income comes in all gradually (as we do anniversary billing, and do not bill all clients on a specific day). This has ceased this month, and we are now in a position where we are unable to pay this amount. We have tried to reason with EZZI.net Management, but they are unwilling to talk up a solution.

We STRONGLY reccomend all customers backup their websites, including file data, and any SQL databases As soon as possible, as we do not know when EZZI will completely terminate all services.

So, here is the actions current customers have open for them

1) Yearly Webhosting Clients (cPanel / Ensim)

A) OktaGone will honour your paid term, and ******* you on a new server in OktaGone's new datacenter

B) OktaGone will hand over full access of your domainname to you, and reinburse you for 1 week of downtime according to our SLA

2) Monthly Shared Hosting Customers (cPanel / Ensim)

A) Customers can choose one of our new packages, which will be online within 48 hours, and receive 3 months gratis on that package (of an equal level to their current package) or upgrade,

B) Customers can opt to remain hosted for the 3 free months on their old package specifications, and then leave.

C) Customers can opt for a full refund of their last monthly hosting payment, if it was after the 22nd of January

D) Customers can have their domain returned to them and seek alternative hosting. To have your domain returned, you must email us with your GoDaddy account's email address. If you do not, we will not be able to transfer the domain to you.

3) Yearly Dedicated Server clients

A) If you want to stay with OktaGone, we are happy to provide you with a server to the same or greater specs in our new data, with one month free.

B) if you are on a Yearly plan, email [email protected] and they will be able to sort you out.

4) Standard Dedicated Server Clients

A) If you want to stay with OktaGone, we are happy to provide you with a server to the same or greater specs in our new datacenter, with one month free. Please email us with your phone number (US or international), and a preffered time/timezone to call you back in.

B) Email [email protected] to have your current server transferred into your name

Please bare with us during this situation. We have almost 1000 clients hosted in New York, so it will take a long time to get every customer's website either relocated or otherwise sorted out.

Please also be aware, the new Datacenter we are referring to is 100% owned and operated by OktaGone; we are not reselling anyone - we build up our own servers from scratch. We also have solid financial standing in our Australian operations.

When you have made your decision on your options, please do the following - Email [email protected] with your DOMAIN NAME, and if possible, your username/password you signed up with so that we can verify your details.

Please note that, any threatening, abusive or other rude emails will be ignored, no matter what they are requesting. We realise that everybody has been badly affected by the events of this week, however we are now doing our best to get people back on the right track, so we appreciate your support during this period.

Regards,

OktaGone Management
      0 Not allowed!

Email from Oktagone on February 2nd....
    Dear Clients,

At approximatelly 8pm on the 1st of February, both of our core switches were taken offline by yet another power outage in our New York DC.

We have flown a Network Engineer to NYC which has taken us 36 hours, and he is now onsite making repairs to the network.
    Email from February 5th...
    On the 1st of February, 2005, our NYC Provider shut off all of our servers due to the fact we had a bill outstanding for approximatelly $4000 USD. While we can sit here and blame them and make excuses for the current situation, we are not going to do this.
    Unbelievable, blatant lies. I don't understand why anyone would stick with this company. They admit they don't pay bills, and even go on to say they owed them a total of $11,000. It seems like this trend will only continue...
      0 Not allowed!

Except that Greg's said several times he didn't post that first one...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast