Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    But my thing is this, when will all of this be handled. Shouldn't they at least have a back up plan? I can't believe that this was my first time buying a domain and I wish too god I hadn't.
      0 Not allowed!

You see, not only is the problem not having the site up, but all my personal email is forwarded through the server. So i'm getting zero mail from people. All of this and ontop of the fact that I'm making some licensing deals with Warner Bro's it would've been nice for a little bit of a heads up.

I'm getting my data then going for a new host.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BigBison
    Oktagone has claimed a power outage, while Ezzi apparently says they haven't paid. What kind of power outage requires a network engineer to fly to NY from AU to fix? I'm not buying any claim other than Ezzi's. I don't think the move has anything to do with this downtime, just their lame response to it.

The move Oktagone's spoken about is their HQ and NOC, not the servers that are down. Everyone who has ever tried to provision a data circuit knows that delays are common, they should have made sure that the bandwidth at the new NOC location was functional, before depending on it. That was a mistake, which could have been easily handled by communicating with their customers.

Instead, they are facing multiple crises which are all compounded by their inability to receive e-mails from customers.
    Ezzi hasn't claimed payment failure. They wouldn't disclose any information and just because one person said they did doesn't make it so. I and another person talked to the same person the one claiming they leaked info did and all he said to me was to contact EZZI's billing department. That doesn't mean they didn't make their payment. Second of all there is a lot of immature posts going on in this thread that seem to be personal attacks on oktagone's business practices. I have been with them over 2 years and while they haven't been the most waterproof company all I say in regards to naysayers is, "what about your business?" Don't open your own business and websites up to slander when you do so to another's company. 99% uptime has a disclaimer that doesn't count hours set aside FOR TIMES SUCH AS THIS. It does not mean 99% of 8760 hours a year. Everyone be patient and if you feel you must move after everything is back up then move. When it happens again with another host you might actually want to read the disclaimers of hosting before you move again.
      0 Not allowed!

hooflung you really need to learn how to respect other people's opinion because that's exactly what it is an OPINION. And why are you getting so offended? We are not the ones that forgot to email CLIENTS that there was a situation going on with the server, please reconsider before you post again. Because the only people I see that are acting immature are the ones who are trying to start an argument for someone else's mistake.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, at least we've gotten some form of notification from them, even if I, like some others here, had to use Google to find it.

Yes, people make mistakes. Yes, Murph'y law holds true; anything that can go wrong, will. However, OG, you have a responsibility to your customers. We should have been told about these problems immediately, not through an independent forum that we had to Google to discover.

I'm not upset enough to drop my account or anything, I'm just annoyed. I wish I had a more recent backup of my site so I could get some work done on it during this mess.

Whatever the real story is, here's hoping it gets cleared up soon.
      0 Not allowed!

Very well said..
      0 Not allowed!

i came to this issue not wanting to drop them - i came in with this issue wanting to get it resolved, but they haven't done anything...
    NOW after reading and reading and posting and posting i can only come up with the solution of me wanting to leave and not have to deal with it. I think it's fair that i'm going in a pretty easy route... just give me the money back and you'll never hear from me again... how simple is that?
    i could give a rat's *** at this point about the server, why? cause we've been treated like such crap as of late...
    :: clears throat ::... show meh teh mo-neh!!!

:: moves closer to katrina ::... sup? lol j/k
      0 Not allowed!

Hooflung: I've seen 3 transcripts from the 'Live Support' at ezzi.net that plainly said there was a billing issue and they did not pay their bill. This baffled me so I went to the live support at ezzi.net and asked for myself. (see my post on page 4).

As you can clearly see, 'Tech' was more then happy to disclose such information, as 'Jay' was to the other Oktagone clients I spoke with. And beyond that, this is only word of mouth, but one of Oktagone's clients said they spoke with Greg and he said the nature of the 'billing issue' was that his CC had expired.

Whatever the truth is --- I dont suspect ezzi.net to lie about such a potentially damaging claim.

Whatever the case - I will still remain a Oktagone customer for the time being as all I had hosted there was gameservers, although I do feel for the other clients that are missing so much more.

I dont claim to know exactly what happened, I'm just passing information along for communities sake.
      0 Not allowed!

Chillin, Chillin boo at work waiting for my site to be up and running again! I swear I had so much work to do on it since yesterday but we all know why that can't be done..
      0 Not allowed!

Closing in on 48hrs this is beyond uncceptable. As soon as I can get a backup i am leaving this host for good. We have no word from the owners either good god.
      0 Not allowed!

I'll tell you what if the problem continues all the way until Friday, I want my money back!
      0 Not allowed!

Any host that goes down for this amount of time without emailing it's customers isn't worth bothering with.

I'm leaving them.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, we are asking the bank to refund our money and take it up w/ Oktagone. By the way it looks, they are standing to lose a few customers over something that could have been easily avoided...
      0 Not allowed!

This is unnaceptable Oktagone. Im sorry, but it is. If I can find a comparable host I will go for it, but first i need my data (2 2,500 member sql db's)...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by KatrinaMarcelle
    hooflung you really need to learn how to respect other people's opinion because that's exactly what it is an OPINION. And why are you getting so offended? We are not the ones that forgot to email CLIENTS that there was a situation going on with the server, please reconsider before you post again. Because the only people I see that are acting immature are the ones who are trying to start an argument for someone else's mistake.
    This forum isn't about oppinion based on speculation. That has no place here. I am not offended by anyone's oppinion and if you feel that way then that is your problem not mine. I got an email from them so I am satisfied with their response to me and its the same email they sent to other clients as well. All a certain people on this thread is doing is the same thing others have done before them is run their mouth off and not be patient. When they don't live up to their words in a timely manner, and not call them liers before its time to do so, you can have some room to speak and not until because all it does is add to the FUD of customers who really want to know the facts.

Edit : many people have had problems of all sorts with companies such as servermatrix and ev1 but those companies have far more customers that are satisfied than those that aren't. The majority of people who leave didn't take the human factor into consideration when they didn't get their way in the time they wanted it in.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com