Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast
    Well, I've just been able to get into cPanel and everything is still there! TBH I'm with Oktagone, and it looks like Ezzi are useless

However as an Oktagone customer I am *very* disappointed that I haven't been kept up to date of what's going on, and had to hear from a friend about this thread. More e-mails should have been sent to let us know what's been going on...
      0 Not allowed!

I hope someone put's the Email online, some of us can't even remember with which Email they signed up or even if it's still exists.

0 Not allowed!

greg could you send me that email ( applepie server ) I have no idea what email I have on record. Active email is: mike (at) xmitmedia.com
    Last edited by mikepl; 02-05-2005 at 12:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

It will be the email that you originally registered with when you first signed up unless you have asked to change/update it - I'd imagine

Edit: It says in the IRC chat that it will be a few hours for the email... not one hour.
      0 Not allowed!

It says in the IRC chat that it will be a few hours for the email... not one hour.
    That topic was set quite a few hours ago though.
      0 Not allowed!

Ah sorry for the mixup (Only just joined).
      0 Not allowed!

well its been about 2 hours, since the 1 hour notice, oktagone will you post on here when you send out the emails, maybe even post a copy of the email? Especially for people who may not have the ability to check the address at which the email is being sent to.

--edit--
    Nvm, the emails just went out
    Last edited by arciisine; 02-05-2005 at 01:17 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Dear OktaGone Customers and Friends,

On the 1st of February, 2005, our NYC Provider shut off all of our servers due to the fact we had a bill outstanding for approximatelly $4000 USD. While we can sit here and blame them and make excuses for the current situation, we are not going to do this.

EZZI have been very leniant with OktaGone in the past, however, they decided we were now a "Risk", for reasons still unknown to us, and have ceased all communication with us. We have tried to get some backups off our core server, but they refused to give us access, until we paid them $11,000 USD (Total of outstanding invoices, plus February's invoices).

In Past months, OktaGone has been allowed to pay invoices over a monthly duration, which is best suited for us, since our income comes in all gradually (as we do anniversary billing, and do not bill all clients on a specific day). This has ceased this month, and we are now in a position where we are unable to pay this amount. We have tried to reason with EZZI.net Management, but they are unwilling to talk up a solution.

We STRONGLY reccomend all customers backup their websites, including file data, and any SQL databases As soon as possible, as we do not know when EZZI will completely terminate all services.

So, here is the actions current customers have open for them

1) Yearly Webhosting Clients (cPanel / Ensim)

A) OktaGone will honour your paid term, and ******* you on a new server in OktaGone's new datacenter

B) OktaGone will hand over full access of your domainname to you, and reinburse you for 1 week of downtime according to our SLA

2) Monthly Shared Hosting Customers (cPanel / Ensim)

A) Customers can choose one of our new packages, which will be online within 48 hours, and receive 3 months gratis on that package (of an equal level to their current package) or upgrade,

B) Customers can opt to remain hosted for the 3 free months on their old package specifications, and then leave.

C) Customers can opt for a full refund of their last monthly hosting payment, if it was after the 22nd of January

D) Customers can have their domain returned to them and seek alternative hosting. To have your domain returned, you must email us with your GoDaddy account's email address. If you do not, we will not be able to transfer the domain to you.

3) Yearly Dedicated Server clients

A) If you want to stay with OktaGone, we are happy to provide you with a server to the same or greater specs in our new data, with one month free.

B) if you are on a Yearly plan, email billing@ezzi.net and they will be able to sort you out.

4) Standard Dedicated Server Clients

A) If you want to stay with OktaGone, we are happy to provide you with a server to the same or greater specs in our new datacenter, with one month free. Please email us with your phone number (US or international), and a preffered time/timezone to call you back in.

B) Email billing@ezzi.net to have your current server transferred into your name

Please bare with us during this situation. We have almost 1000 clients hosted in New York, so it will take a long time to get every customer's website either relocated or otherwise sorted out.

Please also be aware, the new Datacenter we are referring to is 100% owned and operated by OktaGone; we are not reselling anyone - we build up our own servers from scratch. We also have solid financial standing in our Australian operations.

When you have made your decision on your options, please do the following - Email support@oktagone.net.au with your DOMAIN NAME, and if possible, your username/password you signed up with so that we can verify your details.

Please note that, any threatening, abusive or other rude emails will be ignored, no matter what they are requesting. We realise that everybody has been badly affected by the events of this week, however we are now doing our best to get people back on the right track, so we appreciate your support during this period.

Regards,

OktaGone Management
      0 Not allowed!

Email from Oktagone on February 2nd....
    Dear Clients,

At approximatelly 8pm on the 1st of February, both of our core switches were taken offline by yet another power outage in our New York DC.

We have flown a Network Engineer to NYC which has taken us 36 hours, and he is now onsite making repairs to the network.
    Email from February 5th...
    On the 1st of February, 2005, our NYC Provider shut off all of our servers due to the fact we had a bill outstanding for approximatelly $4000 USD. While we can sit here and blame them and make excuses for the current situation, we are not going to do this.
    Unbelievable, blatant lies. I don't understand why anyone would stick with this company. They admit they don't pay bills, and even go on to say they owed them a total of $11,000. It seems like this trend will only continue...
      0 Not allowed!

Except that Greg's said several times he didn't post that first one...
      0 Not allowed!

Please bare with us during this situation. We have almost 1000 clients hosted in New York, so it will take a long time to get every customer's website either relocated or otherwise sorted out.
    So another 1 - 2 weeks offline?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by somebody
    Except they both misspelt 'approximately' in exactly the same manner. Curious, eh?
      0 Not allowed!

Not really. An easy mistake to make. Gooogle gives more than 6000 results for that misspelling.
      0 Not allowed!

I recieved the email from him however, here is the full thing...

----------------------------------------------------
    DATE: 2/2/2005 2:50 AM

Dear Clients,

At approximatelly 8pm on the 1st of February, both of our core switches were taken offline by yet another power outage in our New York DC.

We have flown a Network Engineer to NYC which has taken us 36 hours, and he is now onsite making repairs to the network.

Boxes should return to normal within the next 3 to 4 hours.

Once things are back online, we will sort out all kinds of reimbursements for clients disadvantaged by this outage.

Regards,

OktaGone Support
    -------------------------------------------------------
      0 Not allowed!

Not really. An easy mistake to make. Gooogle gives more than 6000 results for that misspelling.
    Try Googling for 'oktagone approximatelly'. It'll turn up forum posts on here from an 'Elmoe' (Greg). Try searching these forums for the word 'approximatelly'. It'll come up with stuff from Oktagone.

Peculiar, eh?
      0 Not allowed!

does this all matter does it speed up or anything? no its not, get over it ok. worry about other things, theyre coming forward now so yeah. does it matter? not to me, getting bored now
      0 Not allowed!

Question

Just to clarify, if I take option A, I can keep the same package I have now at the same price with the only difference being its hosted in AU?
    Or will it be a relative package at a relative price? I ask as oktagones au packages are much more expensive for less and don't offer cpanel.
    So can I have the option of keeping my existing package but hosted in the au dc, re: option B, and if I decide to stay can I carry on that package as normal?
      0 Not allowed!

i assume and thjink the only difference is the location of the server, and thats it. as for yearly contract. Im not gonna pay anymore for any less, so i assume everything is the same
      0 Not allowed!

Spelling isn't an issue at all. He may have lied in the past, i'm not sure. However, that last email with the ABC's & 123's seemed like a more plausible explanation and it's about time we received one. Wouldn't most of us agree?

How about we focus on the matter at hand, not who has what typos...

I can probably type 7 or 8 pages full of spelling & grammatical errors that i've seen throughout this entire thread from many different people. Would it make a difference? I doubt it.
      0 Not allowed!

I am not getting any e-mails...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by medookie
    Spelling isn't an issue at all. He may have lied in the past, i'm not sure. However, that last email with the ABC's & 123's seemed like a more plausible explanation and it's about time we received one. Wouldn't most of us agree?

How about we focus on the matter at hand, not who has what typos...
    Sorry, just getting a bit over-excited about 'fingerprinting' something somebody typed...

The fact is, he's lied about supposedly sending an engineer to the US - in his original email he could have just mentioned some unspecified problems with the US-based provider, but instead we were given a completely made-up excuse.

I do think he's now genuinely trying hard to get things sorted out, but sadly this isn't the sort of person I'd want to trust any of my data with. His organisational abilities do seem a bit ... lacking, and his lying about serious problems doesn't exactly instil confidence.

Sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by oktagone
    OktaGone Publishing will be releasing a fully cleared announcement to it's customers within the hour about how current customers can be reinbursed, and resetup with their hosting accounts.
    I will believe it when I see it.
    All i am going to say is that, we are very dissapointed with EZZI releasing our private account information between us and them on this forum. This whole situation would have been less physically and emotionally draining on myself if Phil Smith didnt release the fact we "owed money" on this forum. I do not know why this was done - but for whatever reason, thats just not nice, or legal.

Regardless of what you guys have been doing to try and destroy us more over the past 3 days, incuding trying to link to private pictures of myself, my family and other confidential information, we are working our way back online, but it is a slow process.
    Serves you right!

OktaGone and her customers will live again very soon.
    Bullsh*t.
      0 Not allowed!

OktaGone got caught in lies... Every business has difficulties. Many have cashflow difficulties. The ones that survive their difficulties (and may go on to flourish) are those that act in an ethical manner. Lying to your clients is no way to provide a solid future for your company.

And, if it weren't for this board (and some private research), all I would know is that

(1) OktaGone had a power outage and thought it necessary to send a tech from Perth to NYC (inconceivable), and

(2) OktaGone admitted a billing difficulty five days after my website went offline and has just gotten around to admitting it.

I would not have known that I could retrieve my data, or how to go about reclaiming my domain name, or any of the rest of the excellent info I got on this forum.

Thank you WHT. I hope OktaGone is paying you in some way for your excellent customer service, since they haven't been providing it themselves.
      0 Not allowed!

Can someone upload the image of Greg again? I want to see how he looks like, so if I ever go to Australia - yeah. Anyways, Oktagone are full of lies and bull - everyone should leave from them. Also considering the fact that they're going to be hosted in Australia, sites from the Americas are no use, because it will be slower than before.

Everyone, if you paid through credit card, FILE A CHARGEBACK NOW. If you paid through paypal - tough luck, but file a dispute anyways. You've got nothing to lose.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vektorious
    Dear OktaGone Customers and Friends,

Nobodys fault but yours that you didn't pay your bills.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast