GoDaddy Dedicated Servers

Anyone tried these out yet, their prices look more then reasonable.......

I dont know anything about them, but I agree. The prices are very reasonable.

Depends on what hardware and bandwidth you want to rent from them. Compared my hardware I have at Superb.net and godaddy was +60USD/month.
    -Mr Bister

4. well I think godaddy is a good company and they have great support. Never tried it before but it looks good. you get what you pay for.

superb.net does not offer control panel. so you have to buy your own control panel (cpanel= $50) not a good deal.

Looks like godaddy only offers plesk. I can't see cPanel anywhere.

John

They're definitely more expensive than my provider, CyberWurx. +$32.00 for me.
    John Morris
    Warp-Factor Technologies - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    E-Mail: john[AT]warp-factor.net AIM: iiwebwizardii

It's not all about the price..
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

GoDaddy charges about 200% what I pay now to ServerMatix for about the same thing. Not an option for me.

Originally posted by Guspaz
    GoDaddy charges about 200% what I pay now to ServerMatix for about the same thing. Not an option for me.
    How do you figure %200?

Because their closest analog to what I get from ServerMatrix costs $138, whereas I am only paying $59 to ServerMatrix. There are differences in the two configs but they're pretty similar.

My server for $59/mth is a Celeron 2.4, with 1200GB/mth of bandwidth.

I ordered the Celeron 1.7 for $79/mth (This was over a year ago I think), and was told there was a sale for $59/mth. However they were out of stock of the Celeron 1.7 so gave me a 2.4 instead.

Godaddy's closest package is their stock base Celeron 2.0 ($109/mth) plus the double bandwidth ($29/mth).

In reality they charge 233% what I pay for much the same thing.

That said, GoDaddy's pricing structure for adding bandwidth is way lower than what SM charges. With ServerMatrix, you might as say you can't buy extra bandwidth. Whereas GoDaddy charges $58/mth to go from 1000GB to 2000GB, ServerMatrix charges $500/mth to add a thousand gigs.

Wow if you try clicking "continue" after selecting one of their dedicated server packages, they sure try and sell you a lot of additional services. Just that alone is a huge turn off for me...

Originally posted by GeorgeC
    Wow if you try clicking "continue" after selecting one of their dedicated server packages, they sure try and sell you a lot of additional services. Just that alone is a huge turn off for me...
    That's my one big gripe about GoDaddy.....Every time I register or reregister a domain name I have to wade through pages and pages of that addon nonsense.

But since it's not something I have to do every day I guess I can deal with it.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....

Personally I've had the worst experience's with godaddy's domain support team - I'd have to have to deal with those people for anything other than domains.