Speedy Server! "Tips & Tricks"

So i got a Virtual Server, all is running good i got a 2mb connection unlimited bandwith ext, but sometimes the FTP run's slow and so does http.

So my question to you expert hosting Geniusis, what can i disable / enable in my WHM settings on my virtual server to increase the speed of the server..

ANd what are the advantages / disadvantages of enableing / disableing ..

Please explain in kind off noobies language.. as i have been hosting for a year or so now.. but still not that cleaver with it all..

Virtual server, as a shared hosting or VPS?

What does the the top output look like?

Sometimes with Virtual machines, you are still being bogged down by other users, even though it is virtual you can be affected. I have seen it on UML and Virtuozzo.

Re: Speedy Server! "Tips & Tricks"

Originally posted by gopper
    So i got a Virtual Server, all is running good i got a 2mb connection unlimited bandwith ext, but sometimes the FTP run's slow and so does http.

So my question to you expert hosting Geniusis, what can i disable / enable in my WHM settings on my virtual server to increase the speed of the server..

ANd what are the advantages / disadvantages of enableing / disableing ..

Please explain in kind off noobies language.. as i have been hosting for a year or so now.. but still not that cleaver with it all..
    May i ask, who do you have your VPS with?

www.memset.com i think...
    Miniserver 4000

Is the one i have got!!! ... :-) so its a virtual server i think.. its

Looks like your host has quite a few sites on each server, so if they are pulling a lot of bandwidth, there won't be much left for your site...read their explanation on their website.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

yer.. but their are things that i can do i beleave? enable disable things .....

it wont do much but it will do the best that it can..... Any suggestions?