hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : we don't want this type ..

Forum Jump

we don't want this type ..

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 AM

Angry

we don't want this type ..

everyday .. many hosting companies start appear ..
and this a good sign .. but some of these companies .. cheating the customers .. high price for low and frail service .. and blackmail the customer to take from them.. and this effect on us .. the other hosting companies .. this way .. the customer will lose his trust in us .. the money is not everything .. our repute come first ..

what should we do with this types of companies??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2005, 02:02 AM

Hi

Do you have a personal experience you'll like to share? Up to now, I've gone with cheap hosts. My budget is low, but I know what I'm paying for. So far, I haven't had this occur to me. But, I do think many hosting companies come up without any idea what they're getting thierselves into. Perhaps there should be a neutral authority that authorizes all new hosting companies. Or it should be regulated. Something like the BBB for hosting.

My two cents.

Old 01-10-2005, 02:22 AM

i said this from what i saw .. for example .. someone took a space disk and domain from company .. and after few weeks .. the problems statrted to appear .. so this guy decide to deal with another company and he asked the first company to give him the domain (he pay for it .. it wasn't a gift) .. but the company said .. if u want ur domain .. u must take a space from us to give u .. but he did't agree .. and now .. his domain set forth sale ...
and there are many stories like this ..
of course there are companies give u the best service for good price .. am not saying all companies are cheaters .. i have my own company also ..
and am trying to give the best service for price every one can pay it

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Predatory Poster

On the contrary we do want this type of company you just don't know it yet. It's like a free crash course in consumer awareness. Sure it's bad when people get screwed over but when they do they find out they have to pay more to get high quality and they typically do.

Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Old 01-10-2005, 02:33 AM

yes .. there is some advantages .. but after they lost their money .. every one learn from what he face..

Old 01-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Temporarily Suspended

We started out with 2 of us. We had 1 guy that used to work for a local ISP and me. I have been working within the web industry for over 4 years. Support, Sales, Administration etc...

We hear stories everyday about companies that have folded in less than a month. But that's good in our view. They are just making more business for us. The customer soon realises that paying $1 for 1GB of space a month just is not practical. And most of the time they find out the hard way.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:07 AM

u can't be cheated 2 times in same way ... that what should we learn

Old 01-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Junior Guru

other webhost cheat customers
Why will customers lose trust in you?
sorry, i cant find any relationship

Old 01-10-2005, 04:57 AM

good advise guys. thanks

Old 01-10-2005, 08:38 AM
WHT Addict

If you're a good company who treats their customers right you have nothing to be worried about.

The type of hosts who will suffer from these hosts that fold up in one month are new hosts. Hosts like that make it very hard for new hosts to start up as customers simply dont trust anone new.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Video Creation Experts

Buyer beware.. is always good to know. There are thousands of good low cost providers, and there are thousands of good high cost providers. There are alot of low cost and high cost providers that are bad.

It would be nice if there was a board, or even on here, where there was a list of bad hosts.. That listed all the bad providers in one place. If there is, anyone have the link?

Direct Email: sales@JRSEOMarketing.com

Old 01-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by truelysam
other webhost cheat customers
Why will customers lose trust in you?
sorry, i cant find any relationship

Exactly. Just another host that is bitter b-cuz they can't compete, prices too high services not great enough to make up for it. Yes we should make all the other hosts shut down b-cuz of this.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
& Goliath

Well the fact is there are lots of bad businesses in general out there- thats what the BBB is for.

"what should we do with them" - don't buy services from them, simple. If no one buys services from them, they'll shut down.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thebigidea
Exactly. Just another host that is bitter b-cuz they can't compete, prices too high services not great enough to make up for it. Yes we should make all the other hosts shut down b-cuz of this. [/QUOTE

Whats wrong with that LOL!

Old 01-10-2005, 08:48 PM
WHT Addict

RealtorHost, We did have discussion on this forum about making a host blacklist but it was decided that there would be too many legal implications.

However with the site on my sig I aim to make people more aware of bad hosts.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
DDoS Mitigation Provider Prolexic Completes SSAE 16 Type II SOC 1 Exam Web Hosting News 2012-10-09 14:48:38
Colocation Firm FiberMedia Completes SSAE 16 Audit Web Hosting News 2012-08-22 17:10:33
Colocation Firm DataBank Holding Completes SSAE 16 Audit Web Hosting News 2012-07-27 13:44:42
Web Host CentriLogic Completes SSAE 16 Type II Audit Web Hosting News 2012-07-25 16:24:17
Canadian Web Hosting Completes CSAE 3416, SSAE 16 Type II Audits Web Hosting News 2012-06-18 15:19:06