Originally posted by Deb Suran
Peter Francis-Macrae, aka David Jarvis, was the former owner of TrueHosting.com. If you do a search on TrueHosting both here and on deja.com, you'll find a lot of information about him. He also may own http://www.experthosting.com and http://WebHostingSupport.com/, according to people who were former TrueHosting customers and have made it a point to keep an eye on him.
Let's see the information I have...
1) There is a UK company called Ultra Technologies Limited that used to be called TrueHosting.com Limited according to Companies House.
2) The Director of UTL is a Peter Francis-Macrae of St Neots
3) The Accountant who pepares the yearly accounts for UTL has confirmed that Dot Com Avenue is a trading name for UTL
4) The postal address on the web site no longer works - it was a forwarding address only and is a small box about 6" x 4" x 3"
5) I was actually having a very long conversation with who I presume was Peter via webhostingsupport.com - when he ralised the information that I new about him, he deleted the whole conversation from his 'simple-support' package - this has now happened three times int he past few days when I start a new conversation going. No worries though as i still have all the email exchanges anyway.
6) He claims experthosting to be a reseller - and apparently he allows resellers to copy the DCA web site and pricing and use the same address as theirs as it helps the reseller!
7) In all my onversations it was denied that DCA had anything to do with Peter Francis-Macrae, Cambridgeshire or UTL. In fact he even told me that any company information was confidential and I had no need to know and that they had no obligation to liaise with any UK organisation (tax, companies house etc) whilst trading in the UK.
8) They claim to have a cage and two racks in Redbus Interhouse. When questioned further about it they got very cagey and told me I have no need to know... I asked Redbus about them (as I am very close to Redbus staff) and they have never heard of UTL or even DCA. They are starting their own investigation into this.
9) When asked about their 'redundant' network claims they told me I had no need to know such information and the IP addresses were confidential! I believe they only have a little space in Redbus via UK2 - I am discussing this with UK2.
10) Most of their stuff is in the US via rackspace.com. The only UK stuff is a machine (or two) within UK2's Redbus facility. When questioned about their relationship with UK2 they denied any relationship with them. Funny how the responses from webhostingsupport.com were actually coming from a machine within ultra-server.net which is on the UK2 network! They even denied any knowledge of ultra-server.net even though it was pointed out to them!
There is so much information out there and I have what I guess is most of it. What would be nice is some testimonials from current or ex-customers.