hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Registrar question

Forum Jump

Registrar question

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2002, 06:56 AM
WHT Addict

Registrar question

I have been trying to get a Poll Posted for this w/o any luck, just keep getting kicked back to the main menu.

Which of the following do you rank the best for COM/NET/ORG domains?
Buydomains.com
UKREG.com
godaddy.com
123-reg.co.uk
Stargateinc.com
netsol.com
dotster
other

Which of the following do you rank the best for .uk domains?
123-reg.co.uk
ukreg.com
other

Many thanks

Last edited by thednt; 02-15-2002 at 07:16 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2002, 07:13 AM
Web Hosting Master

Definitely not Netsol!

Of the list, I'd have to say Stargatenic because they do not have any hidden charges like GoDaddy. That said, I like Dotster best, even though you didn't put them on your list.

In addition, OpenSRS resellers like 000domains.com have a good rep on these boards.

123-reg.co.uk is fine for UK domain names.

cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Old 02-15-2002, 07:17 AM
WHT Addict

Added!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2002, 07:34 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

I'd have to say I'm a fan of OpenSRS resellers. I'm a dotster reseller at the moment, but I'll be switching to resell OpenSRS when I get a chance.

As avara said, 000domains.com seem a pretty good example of an OpenSRS reseller and I've used them in the past. Great service from them.

Old 02-15-2002, 08:48 AM
WHT Addict

I've been testing Dotster for the past year. Always have been with Network Solutions before that. My main reason for leaving them was money (Dotster is way cheaper), but the reasons for me to move all my domains to Dotster completely (did so last week) are:
- better and faster customer support
- better control panel for managing your domains
- much (MUCH) less cumbersome domain editing (info, dns etc.)
- cheaper

I have no experience with others though, but Dotster is so satisfying that I don't feel the need to look for another

Old 02-15-2002, 08:57 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Yeah, I can't say that I've had any problems with dotster so far, but I'm just a fan of OpenSRS.

I'll bet you're a bunch happier away from Network Solutions! I had the displeasure of using their system for about 30 domains last year and it was such a nightmare. Luckily those domains were transferred over to register.com, which wasn't too bad at the time - still lotsa $$$ though.

The market is so much more competitive now though!

Old 02-15-2002, 04:12 PM

I've been using BuyDomains.com for about two years. Never a problem, good support (even when I ask dumb questions ), Search Engine friendly Frame Forwarding...
They are a little pricey, $16, but still a bargin for what they offer.
My first was with Notworking Solutions SHUDDER .

Old 02-15-2002, 04:32 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

This is the first time I checked out dotster. Wow, they are so expensive. They charge so much for every little add-on that many other registrars give you free. Some enom resellers like NameCheap.com give you all the addons they charge for, except a pop3 account for the basic price of $8.88. DirectNic gives all of those features except the pop3 account for $15 and I have still not seen a control panel better than theirs. Dotster also charges an additional $25 transfer of ownwership fee. I think their prices are out of line

Old 02-15-2002, 06:20 PM
Web Hosting Master

I only have experience with Network Solutions, Stargate, and Dotster and by far, I'd say Dotster is the best of the three. Network Solutions easily being the worst, if not the worst of any registrar.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Demand Media Reports Registrar Gains Despite Overall Net Losses in Q3 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-11-08 16:50:56
Registrars That Complied with UK Police Orders Violated ICANN Policy: easyDNS Web Hosting News 2013-10-11 10:33:31
Nominet Seeks Feedback on Banning Offensive .UK Domain Registrations Web Hosting News 2013-09-13 15:25:36
LogicBoxes Launches Service for New gTLD Operators Web Hosting News 2013-03-22 10:36:23
Domain Registrar Namecheap Launches SSL Reseller Program Web Hosting News 2013-01-31 15:30:14