How to set up sub domain to point to a different server transparently?

Hi:
    I'm using WHM/ cPanel. Being a DNS newbie, just wondering, how would I go about setting up a sub domain to point to a different server transparently, so it isn't simply a redirection? For example, I need:

sub.mydomain.com

to be served from a different server than the one "mydomain.com" itself is on, but without redirection (so the URL remains sub.mydomain.com) when it's typed and loads.

Thanks much,
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Sorry for the newbie questions, but what's the basic way to doing the above then without cPanel/ WHM? With my registrar (namecheap), I can register nameservers for a domain itself, but not subdomain I can't imagine...
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, with cPanel is very easy and intuitive.
      0 Not allowed!

add a CNAME or an A (mental blank, cant remember which) entry for the subdomain and put in the corresponding IP?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Bub Host
    add a CNAME or an A (mental blank, cant remember which) entry for the subdomain and put in the corresponding IP?
    Thanks Bub Host, that seems more right. I was looking via Google, and that seems to be roughly what I need to do. If anything can be more specific, I'm sure that would help as well. Still trying to get my head wrapped around all this.
      0 Not allowed!

hy

In whm use this
    Edit a DNS Zone klik on mydomain.com
    and at the end add this

sub.mydomain.com. 14400 IN A Ip_another_server

that is all
      0 Not allowed!

Cool that worked! One question though- what if the target server hosting sub.mydomain.com isn't IP but named based, so the IP is shared by many accounts? How would I get the target server to correctly delegate sub.mydomain.com to its own account?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

It won't matter if the IP is shared or not. Here's why:

User types in: sub.yourdomain.com
    Server1 answers and says -> goto server 2's IP

As long as the sub-domain is added to Server 2's DNS, then everything will work properly.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AuthorityHost

As long as the sub-domain is added to Server 2's DNS, then everything will work properly.
    I assume you mean I should then simply create an account on the target server's WHM with the name "sub.mydomain.com"?

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

yes, that'll work.
      0 Not allowed!