Whats happened to HostXL.net? Please Help!

Hi,

Getting straight to the point, I am a customer of HostXL and my account stopped working around 23rd December onwards and payments were being refused. I know what you’re thinking... why don’t I ask them? Well I would but there website is no longer working, all e-mails to them are being bounced back and the guy's who normally offer online support via AOL messenger seem to have left to go to Mars.

I am really not happy with them at all, the downtime was bad enough but its looking increasingly unlikely that i will not be able to obtain a backup. If this is the case a good 4 years work goes down the drain and I’d just hope it would be possible to pursue legal action.

If someone could please tell me what has happened to this so called "99.5% uptime" web host I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

It souonds like they're not there anymore. It's certainly time to look for a new host.

Hint: Always backup your own website once a while to your computer

Looks like they're submerged? Hope you'll be able to get your backup and find a better host

Ouch this is something we all hate to see but it happens. Your best advice is too find another and make sure they have been around for a few years.

I was talking to ZmasterXL (Owner of hostxl) on AIM like 4 days ago. He said he was going to make a new company called LastHost.net and close HostXL.net due to his misorganization of the company. I advise everyone who used HostXL to switch to a new provider.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

They had someone named Calum Wood who previously owner many other hosting companies help the company a while back. I tried an account with them, though they said payment never got through. They keep changing company names, best advice is to stay away!

Make sure that your new host is in business for more than 2 or 3 years minimum.

kelek,

I agree with you and I would also suggest searching on WHT to find the feedback first, which one can find really helpful.

9. Angry But What Now?

20/20 Hindsight is good and all ... but I had paid HostXL for a year's worth of hosting, this about two months ago, and now everything lost. The downtime isn't a major issue, I hosted a blog, some fantasy sports, and some images, but is there any way now that I can go about getting the money back for time lost? I saw among the complaints at hostsearch.com that someone was proposing a class-action lawsuit; how can I find out more if something is happening and take advantage of it?

Thanks in advance for any advice -- just wish I'd found a site like this sooner...

Editted. Misread.