Question Need advice on a good web host for a small business.

I have registered my domain with 000domains and I need a good reliable (yet affordable) web host. I am totally new to web page development and everything associated with it. However, I do have moderate to above average computer skills (built my comp from scratch). The web page I plan on building is for a small business.

Priorities:
    1. great tech support
    2. reliable
    3. professional quality sites (no free hosts that have random banner ads or anything else similar)
    4. will allow me to have complete control when I am ready (right now I don’t know anything but I am a quick learner)

Initially the web page will be pretty basic and then evolve from there. In addition, it would be nice if the host has web page construction services, but it’s not a requirement. I need my web page up and running by Tuesday and I don’t know how long it would take me to do it myself.

This brings me to the next set of questions...
    1. What would be a good web publishing program to use? I have not done much research in this area so I am totally clueless. I would like something simple to use but has the ability to create better and more complex pages and my knowledge increases.
    2. Are there any good online references that can help teach me about web hosting?

Thanks,

Pokey

Re: Need advice on a good web host for a small business.

Originally posted by Pokey
    2. Are there any good online references that can help teach me about web hosting?
    this forum is a damn good start. use the search feature and read up
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

Hi Pokey, welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of decent hosts out there, you basically need to say what your resource requirements (space, bandwidth, etc) are so you can find a host that suits you for a good price.

About designing a webpage, as you are just starting out in these fields, I think it would be safest for you to start out with an editor like Microsoft FrontPage and when you get more advanced, you can change to Macromedia Dreamweaver. If you take a little time and browse this forum, you will see that many designers are selling professional templates for very little money. You could even pay one of these guys to create the webpage for you (since you need it up so fast) and you can take it over from there and learn at your own paste.

Good luck.
    (SH)Saeed