Looking for a VPS

I'm looking for a reliable Virtual Private Server. Here are the specifics of what i am looking for:
    • 75-100 GB of bandwidth.
    • 3-5 GB of disk space.
    • Linux Operation system
    • Preferably cPanel, but not too important.
    • Some sort of stats program.
    • PHPMyAdmin for database management.
    • PHP 4 support.
    • MySQL support.
    • Unlimited MySQL databases.
    • Ability to import databases, either from another server or uploaded from my computer.
    • Unlimited add-on domains.
    • IP addresses not important.

Also, on my current server, I've been having a problem with MySQL's max_user_connections. I would like it if I was able to edit this setting, or at least have a really high setting.

I am looking to spend somewhere in the $60 range.
    Last edited by Sonikku; 12-28-2004 at 06:09 PM.

try www.ev1servers.net you may find a deal.

at http://www.servint.net you can get a great fully managed VPS for $50.00. I am with them currently and support people reply in 15 minutes with the issue/question fully resolved.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I was looking at ServInt, and they look prety good. Will I be able to install software like MySQL and PHPMyAdmin? Also, I heard that cPanel can transfer accounts from one cPanel server to another. How does this work, and does it transfer over files and MySQL databases as well? Also, sice I have root access, will I be able to edit MySQL settings, such as max_user_connections?

Yes to all I believe.

Originally posted by Sonikku
    I was looking at ServInt, and they look prety good. Will I be able to install software like MySQL and PHPMyAdmin? Also, I heard that cPanel can transfer accounts from one cPanel server to another. How does this work, and does it transfer over files and MySQL databases as well? Also, sice I have root access, will I be able to edit MySQL settings, such as max_user_connections?
    All questions answered with experience with the ServInt VPS.
    1) MySQL and PHPMyAdmin will come installed.
    2) You can transfer entire accounts very easily with WebHostManager, ServInt will assist you as they assisted me. It will transfer everything related to the account, aliases, databases, all data, etc.
    3) You will have full root access and ServInt can assist you when editing certain things. (They assisted me when editing the php.ini file)

Conclusion: ServInt will basically be on your shoulder and ready to help with anything. I strongly recommend them. If you want to test a site that I run with a ServInt VPS just PM me.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

With any VPS that has root you should be able to do all those things and more. The only thing you probably won't be able to do (and honestly won't need to do) is recompile the kernel

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Here's another vote for Servint. Their support is excellent and they have the hardware, resources, knowledge and capability required to provide excellent service.

Their smallest VPS account will handle your needs. Upgrading accounts is painless. They can be generous with several sales issues, give them a call.

Jack.

Originally posted by Sonikku
    I can confirm that it's a "yes" to all your questions. However, you will have to remember that increasing mySQL max_user_connections may fail because your VPS provider may not have allocated enough connection slots to your account.

It's best to contact the provider you are interested in and ask what sort of limits they have for connections. If you have a very busy site with a lot of concurrent users at a time, a dedicated server might suit you better.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Take a look at http://www.powervps.com

Very good service and the extra bandwidth/IP's etc work out slightly cheaper than one of the above mentioned.

I've been with powervps 2 months - I haven't used my site much but they seem ok so far

-Turboz