Recently we transfered one of our domains to a new registrar (ICANN accredited) and paid for 5 years in advance (to make potential customers feel more comfortable).
Now results that the domain doesn't show up as registered for 5 years.
We emailed the domain registrar and that's what we got back:
Our system will register the domain initially for 2 years, then after
the 2 year term is up, it will renew the domain for 1 year at a time until
the full 5 years have been used up, at which point you would need to contact
our billing department to let them know of your intent to renew this domain.
The problem is that it doesn't even show two FULL years of registration!!!
Ok, we know that we paid it for five years (we have our CC statement and their invoice), they know but our clients don't!
We told them that we will initiate a chargeback if they don't adjust the domain to reflect the real registration time and that's what we got from them:
Charge backs. CLIENT agrees that he will lose all rights upon the
selected domain name in case of a charge back by his credit card company,
credit card fraud or any other reversed payment. REGISTRAR will decide at
his sole discretion whether to hold the name in his own portfolio or to
release it for use by others. REGISTRAR will reinstate such names at his
sole discretion and subject to reinstatement fee of $300, in addition to all
Our last email to them was a little while ago telling them (yes, it was a LAST ADVISE) that they have 24 hours to adjust the domain or we will report them to ICANN, the BBB and other places we feel oportune to deal with this case.
And of course we will initiate a chargeback as they did not gave us what we paid for. Additionally we registered other domains with them which turned out to be locked and not available to registration. We believe this was in bad faith to rip us our money off because they where shown as NOT available with other registrars but we didn't know about it and thought they where free. Now they don't wan't refund us our money. (yes, we will also thread them about this).
What can we do?
I thought about to transfer the domain quickly to another registrar and just fu$$ them by initiating the chargeback.
What do you think?