hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : IRC Dedicated

Forum Jump

IRC Dedicated

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 03:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

IRC Dedicated

I'm looking for a dedicated server provider that allows IRC. Basically this is to host an IRCd or two, not shell hosting. I plan on running 2-3 Unreal IRCd's, BOPM's, services, etc.

What I'm looking for is stability. I'm looking for a server that would be multi-homed with at least two seperate providers. Bandwidth needs are minimal, not more than 300-500 GB would be needed. 99.9% uptime is a given.

Anyway, just looking for suggestions on providers.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

If they are standalone IRC servers then I don't see a problem about using ThePlanet.com or Severmatrix.com servers. If you could waive the 99.9% uptime guarantee, you could include ev1servers.net to your list. (Not to say that the ev1servers network are not stable, they just don't guarantee it).

Old 12-28-2004, 04:59 AM
Poooooonnyyy :*

If you plan to link these in any way, or think you might be DOS prone, look at staminus.

He has nice filtering in place

~Francisco

- 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Web Hosting Master

Right now we would be linking to one server, with the possibility of expanding later on. This would pretty much count out ThePlanet/Servermatric and ev1. Anyone know of www.ddoshost.com?

I'll have a look at staminus as well, thanks.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Perhaps you meant "MB"? 500 GB is not a "minimal" amount of bandwidth.

Look into Interland. That's what I use.

I wanted to get one of the deals from Layered Technologies, but they don't allow IRC, so I have to either stick with Interland, or host my IRC server elsewhere.

We currently have 6 servers throughout the world, and have had more in the past, although we only average about 150 users at any given time. One of our servers did come under a DDoS attack a year or so ago, but since that server was used for many other domains (web hosting), it was never clear that it was specifically because of the IRC server. The attack ended after a day.

I'm looking for someone with a dedicated server that would let me host an IRCd/BOPM for a monthly fee.

TM

Old 12-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Poooooonnyyy :*

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMatrix

I'm looking for someone with a dedicated server that would let me host an IRCd/BOPM for a monthly fee.

TM

Ya, staminus does that. Just be sure to tell Matt that you're doing BOPM, and to declare it in your MOTD (or just inform the user in some way).

I did this, and matt had no issues with it at all

~Francisco

- 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Old 12-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

But then with Staminus, I'd be paying for an entire dedicated server?

TM

Edit:

My goal is to have a web/mail server with LT, and for ~ $15 have a low-bandwidth IRCd somewhere else.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: IRC Dedicated

Quote:
Originally posted by 93.3
I'm looking for a dedicated server provider that allows IRC. Basically this is to host an IRCd or two, not shell hosting. I plan on running 2-3 Unreal IRCd's, BOPM's, services, etc.
Whats your budget like? you can try

www.gigeservers.com
www.blacklotus.net

no one else really filters like they do. they usually nullroute your ip once you get hit over 1meg/s

If you'r thinking of just running a single IRCD, you can just purchase a dedicated box from ev1servers.net. they let you run ircds there as long as its not linked to a major irc network.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:55 PM
WHT Addict

ThePlanet/ServerMatrix doesn't allow IRC. And Ev1servers doesn't allow IRC servers unless its a standalone network not linking into anything else.

Thats how it was last time I checked.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Again, Interland allows IRC servers. They used to offer self-managed plans - they might if you specifically inquire.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Web Hosting Master

Mods: At least PM or e-mail me, don't just delete it. I am not being biased towards any one company, nor do I represent either. I have stated the same things others have in this thread and their posts have not been deleted.

So let me try this again. Check out gigeservers.com, although staminus.net may be in your budget for just a few small IRC servers.

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:56 PM
CISSP-ISSMP, CISA

Quote:
Originally posted by 93.3
Anyone know of www.ddoshost.com?

I'll have a look at staminus as well, thanks.
Yes, I know of them as their proprietor threatened to "own" me. You would, on the other hand, be served well by choosing Staminus.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

Jeff,

Quit crying. You'll soon be out of business anyhow, I see you beleive it as so, that you are referring clients to staminus!

Maybe it's to spam your long instrusive signature, who knows.

Grow up.. Get over it.. Tend to your clients, and maybe even keeping your network online itself, and people will refer clients to your ever so slowly dying company.

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:24 PM
CISSP-ISSMP, CISA

I am referring clients to Staminus as Matt is an excellent and professional businessman capable of running his business as such. I'm sure you're aware that there is a no solicitation policy, thus why I do not solicit myself on non-advertising forums. My signature, on the other hand, is fully compliant.

Its pretty appearent that you have no earthly idea as to the financial status of NSCNAP and very little idea of how our company operates.

When you stop acting like a child, i'll stop treating you like one. This means a) Not making various assumptions regarding the status of our company and the quality of service we provide b) Admitting the immaturity of your behavior toward me over the past year.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

staminus
rackcheck (europe)
gigeservers
sago (poor but cheap)
fdcservers (very poor)

ev1 only allows standalone which is pretty much useless.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Codero Hosting Listing 2014-04-19 23:29:51
Dedicated Gaming Listing 2014-04-19 23:31:08
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - November 1, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-11-01 16:21:32
Web Hosting Provider Host Cats Launches Dedicated Servers in India Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 16:10:39
Canadian Web Host BlackSun Launches Customized Dedicated Servers Web Hosting News 2012-05-28 14:35:45