2 instead of 1 or vise versa?

hi,

i'm confused what to use for my work:

1) should i get a normal cellular phone along with one of those tiny laptops that i would take to me anywhere i go and have it as my only computer to be used.

or

2) use the communicator 9500 that would give me two of them together? now the reason i had the 1st option as a choice is because the winXP that you get with that tiny pc is sufficent enough to get all your work done, unlike nokia its not as practical as carrying a windowsxp anywhere u go...

thanks
    merry x-mas

1) should i get a normal cellular phone along with one of those tiny laptops that i would take to me anywhere i go and have it as my only computer to be used.
    Wow.. infact i'm on a laptop conncected my call phone via bluetooth thats conncected to the internet (on the car, on the way to vegas). All you'll need to do that is a bluetooth dongle thing.. which was $10's duing black friday. As for internet, i'm using the AOL's trial (my first time using AOL too..)

However, do keep in mind that it is INCREADIBLY SLOW . i'm getting max 1.4 kb/s , and that's only when i have full signal on my cell.
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

Phone + Laptop.

That way you don't look a complete idiot with a huge chunk of phone held up to your ear. (like I do with my Blackberry)
    Just get a simple flip-phone and a small laptop. Its just a LOT easier!

Phone + laptop, as Joseph said above you don't look so stupid talking on the phone with such a big phone. Plus for the time when you don't need to be working you don't want to have to carry around such a chunky phone.

I use my Sony K700i with bluetooth on phone and laptop and via GPRS it's pretty good, 128kbps ish.
    Steve

Anyone explaining what bluetooth really is? It sounds like something I might want to get into before Monday when I go on my snowmobiling trip.

I use an Orange SPV C500, connect to the net via GPRS, from laptop with bluetooth dongle. I can't say I've ever experienced 128kbps (although it has been reported as), I'd say no more than 33.6kbps.
    MattF - Since the start..

bluetooth is used for short range communications. basically a way for your laptop or pda to talk to your phone (or phone's modem) without any wires or aligning infra-red.
    MattF - Since the start..

Can be used for various electronic devices. Mainly used in phones, laptops, pda's etc. I have Bluetooth in my laptop, pda, phone and I also have a bluetooth headset for my phone. Can just stick it in my ear and say the persons name and they get phoned.
    Steve

However, do keep in mind that it is INCREDIBLY SLOW . i'm getting max 1.4 kb/s , and that's only when i have full signal on my cell.
    lol - Sometimes I only get that on my 56k!

But yes, I'd have to agree. Get a small laptop and a phone. Not for some of the reasons stated such as how stupid you look, however when you get a laptop and a phone you can do a lot more than just a phone/PDA type thing. It's a lot more versatile and flexible.

thanks for the input guys

then i'd start saving extra for a small laptop instead of getting the communicator....

those who carry their laptop, is it as practical as like openning it anytime anywhere and retreive any type of information?

for example you don't have to pull over, stop the car and retreive the information from a laptop?

I've been checking out the 9300 and 9500 and I must say I'm impressed.

It's not only about looking stupid with a huge phone (although the 9500 for example is not that huge), but getting what you really need.

If you're always on the run, don't carry any luggage and rarely use the device as phone, this is the choice.

However, if you spend quite some time browsing or working on the road, a phone and a laptop is the best choice.

My best guess is that the Symbian powered phones were designed for very busy and slick businessmen, that won't drag a laptop along with them.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Its specifically for "on the road" but its just practicality, I mean having a laptop + a phone is better I think.

The thing is, how practical can it be while you're on the go to open your laptop, get information and get going (knowing that my laptop I am thinking to bring is those REALLY small ones)