Crafty Syntax Live Help vs Help Center Live

Crafty Syntax Live Help (2.7.4)
    Help Center Live (1.2.4)

These come in the Fantastico applications package offered by Liquidweb. Anyone have any experience with these? Which one is better?

Also how do they compare to LivePerson?

I dont like them to but out of the two i would have to say help centre live!

We have been using Crafty Syntax Live Help on our site. It is quite nice script with some great features. The latest version has many improvements (2.9.7) as compared to 2.7.4. I highly recommened you to upgrade it to the latest version. The most important thing is that this is FREE
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Of the two, I think the best is help center live, I used to use it but now have upgrade to Live Help Messenger From Stardevelop.
    PierceMultimedia.com - Total Website Solutions
    Affordable Cpanel Hosting and Website Design
    Accepting Credit Cards and PayPal

what are the drawbacks of these free chat tools in comparison to something like LivePerson?

Crafty Syntax Live Help vs Help Center Live

I have and still do use both. Both have different benefits but you can create support tickets with Help Center live which you currently cannot with Crafty Syntax.

In my view if you just want something easy for people to use then go for Crafty Syntax or if you need a means of tracking your customer questions then go for Live Center both are really good either way.

anyone can say what i'll be missing by using help center live in place of a paid live helpdesk? i don't mind missing things, but i just want to know what i'm missing.

Re

In my experience this isnīt a very good script, it tends to be slow, buggy and hideously ugly. In fantastico you should see a script names simply "Livehelp" this is an excellent choice, as its fast, and has a very attractive interface, for both operators and website visitors.