Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    what is the redhat and freeBSD ?

    what is the redhat and freeBSD ?

    and which is better ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    825

    Operating systems

    redhat is now a commercial product, but is continued in the open-source community as the "Fedora Project."

    IMHO, FreeBSD is superior in many ways of security and organization.

    Let me know if there is anything I can help you understand.
    Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

    Protecting your online infrastructure.

    Est. 1998.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,164
    I would go with FreeBSD, I use it and love it. Its stable and secure.
    Rob Greenwood
    RedHat Certified, Unix Consultant
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bilco105

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    5,765
    There really is no better. It's all what you prefer to use. I have used both FreeBSD as well as Redhat (7-9 and CentOS). I prefer linux, but i enjoy FreeBSD just as much.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,554
    FreeBSD rules!!! I started using it and never looked back! Gotta love those ports!
    James Lumby

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In your BOX . . .
    Posts
    207
    Originally posted by lumbyjj
    FreeBSD rules!!! I started using it and never looked back! Gotta love those ports!
    FreeBSD --> ROCK !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    3,495
    Is this some kind of flame or what?

    Both OSes have their good and bad sides and it's kind of personal preference to use any of it. RedHat isn't the only Linux out there and the current release of FC3, adding selinux compability makes it as secure as you can wish.

    P.S. My personal preference goes with FreeBSD, anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    410
    FreeBSD is great. Simple, fast, secure, and the ports collection make it VERY easy to install all your software. For the novice, the 'Sysinstall' utility makes things easier in a menu-driven environment.

  9. #9
    Thnkas alot

    i note that freebsd is more expensive

    alot of companies make redhat setup free

    but freebsd setup about 25$

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In your BOX . . .
    Posts
    207
    Originally posted by SerenityHosting
    Is this some kind of flame or what?

    Both OSes have their good and bad sides and it's kind of personal preference to use any of it. RedHat isn't the only Linux out there and the current release of FC3, adding selinux compability makes it as secure as you can wish.

    P.S. My personal preference goes with FreeBSD, anyway.
    But I'm still using RHE and CentOS on my production stuffs with cPanel...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In your BOX . . .
    Posts
    207
    Originally posted by H_Admin
    Thnkas alot

    i note that freebsd is more expensive

    alot of companies make redhat setup free

    but freebsd setup about 25$
    RedHat 9, RHE, windows 2000 & 2003, freeBSD, Debian, all free from SM/TP...

  12. #12
    I would go with FreeBSD very secure and stable, and the ports system is great.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Cloud/VPS Plans Dedicated Servers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •