Question Mp3 download - Legal Service?

Hi guys,

This site http://www.audio1.org/help.html is offering mp3's for download.
    According to the help page:

Is Audio1 a Legal Service?

All the music downloads you purchase from Audio1 are legal, so long as you comply with our Terms of Use. We only sell music that has been legally licensed for sale to the general public for personal use.

The Audio1 Services are licensed in accordance with the Licensing Agreement and the License # LS-3M-04-164, issued by the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society. All respective copyrights owners, including songwriters, authors, composers, artists, music publishers and recording companies are fully compensated through the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society (www.roms.ru), which in accordance with the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights" is entitled to issue licenses on behalf of different copyright owners and pay them license fees.
    Does anyone knows if that is legal?
    A friend wants to run a similar web site and I was wondering what is the procedure in order to be 100% legal about offering mp3 downloads.

Thanks

I don't think there is any problem by running such a site, as long as you pay the artist and the record companies what they may have.

But I think it will cost a lot to make such a site if it has to be 100% legal.

The site is probably legal in russia, but I doubt it is in the states.

HL

If your going to use a Russian MP3 site then I would recommend allofmp3.com
    MattF - Since the start..