hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Gigeservers 1 Month Review (a+)

Forum Jump

Gigeservers 1 Month Review (a+)

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 04:52 AM
Web Hosting Master

Thumbs up

Gigeservers 1 Month Review (a+)

First let me start off clearing myself of any accusations that this post is rigged or that I have any affiliation with gige/coloquest besides that of a legit customer.

Although it has not quite been a month, I feel that this review is quite in due time. GIGESERVERS has awesome billing/support/network staff. My server was setup almost instantly and was pro-rated, so there were no initial up front cost. The network is heavily filtered using the legendary foonet techniques but with a much more powerful filtering devices and bnadwidth providers.

Today I setup a csource server to see if it would run well behind the firewall, and it performs so well that I had praises from a college student in ottawa, canada for putting it on port 27960 (the default quake3 port) because his university blocked the default csource ports, and the ping times were so low.

My server is stable so I haven't had any reason to call for support yet, but ameen is frequently in the irc channel (and doesn't appear to sleep) from the noc, so i'm confident that in the event i do, it will be there.

another important factor to mention is that they are doing a very good job of cleaning the ip space and letting people know that this is not foonet any more.

in conclusion, because of the firewall I give them a 10 of 10. the speed, stability, and support are excellent...

if you dont like my review, please restrain yourself from flaming me, and please pm me or send me an e-mail to do so.

thanks

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2004, 05:10 AM
CISSP-ISSMP, CISA

Devon,

You had an A+ rating for them before they even opened for business. Your prior fraternization with the management discredits you as an impartial critic. I might add that the timing of this "review" is very convenient given the FOONET thread that has been quite active recently. It is very appearant that this is an orchestrated media stunt.

I will not restrain myself from "flaming" you as the simple fact that you felt to mention this indicates that you knew there was an advance problem with making this post, however, I will exercise restraint in discussing your behavior toward me via AIM earlier this year (i'm sure you know exactally what i'm talking about, the log has been saved). Let this issue die and i'll spare the details.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:13 AM

I just want to say that I love my gigeservers server and their service is very great. I know most sales people from last two years

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Web Hosting Master

Jeff,

Do what you want. There will be many others who can back up my statements just as your log can of mine. Your threats don't scare me and I don't regret anything I have ever said or done, especially online

And while I do admit the timing may be coincidental;

11/22/2004 11/23/2004 ECOMDEVEL LLC 630 557 5612 IL $209.11

There is a proof of the charge to my card.

Happy holidays

Est. 1998.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:38 AM
CISSP-ISSMP, CISA

Devon,

Yes, I understand that you are a customer. You are also a reseller of their services as is appearant from this outburst of yours from earlier this year (your profanity has been censored):

DickDoneEm (11:35:48 PM): heh
DickDoneEm (11:35:52 PM): I heard your filtering *explicit* dude
DickDoneEm (11:35:59 PM): You need to improve your *explicit* :-)
DickDoneEm (11:36:02 PM): cusotomers aren't happy
DickDoneEm (11:36:14 PM): I'm glad you don't have them locked into contracts :-)
DeathNova2 (11:37:55 PM): a) we dont "filter"
DeathNova2 (11:37:59 PM): b) I do have them in contracts
DickDoneEm (11:38:03 PM): lol what a shame
DeathNova2 (11:38:05 PM): any other ignorant bs you'd like to disclose
DickDoneEm (11:38:07 PM): you dont filter but you offer irc?
DeathNova2 (11:38:07 PM): before I block you?
DickDoneEm (11:38:15 PM): yeah, you suck and i'm about to own you :-)
DickDoneEm (11:38:18 PM): bye

It is beyond obvious that your 10/10 rating reflects your desire for them to be seen as #1 in the public eye so that a) you can pull favors for your friends at FOONET who have been your friends since long before any of this became an issue and b) so that you can resell their services with greater efficiency.

Your behavior is immature, your "review" is tainted, and you need to be called out on it. Had you not blown your reputation through your childish tyrades I would be more inclined to allow you to plant your propaganda without opposition. Unfortunately, you felt it necessary to burn your bridges and then try to get away with immoral marketing tactics on behalf of yourself and presumably on the behalf of the company you reseller for.

I often see things I disagree with here on WHT, but in your case the "BS" ratio was far too extreme and I felt obligated to act. Next time you want to advertise, try word of mouth, magazine ads, web site banners, etc. Self promotion and soliciting for publicity, on the other hand, are clear violations of forum rules (and for good reason).

Old 12-16-2004, 05:57 AM
Web Hosting Master

And it's even more obvious that you're treatened by their presence.

The sad thing is, I'm just in this for the fun it. I am not reselling anything.

And call it a ratio of whatever you want but the fact still remains your fear factor seems to be a tad bit higher than my bs ratio.

And just to re-iterate, this is not a favor, nor am I financially connected or in a position to benefit from this post (other than watching blcc customers switch).

I'm a legit customer with a box, serving some game servers for friends and keeping my administration skills sharp. I do not resell for anyone at the moment.

And that log doesn't show anything bad, so next time you want to slander, use something solid.

Est. 1998.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hey Jeff,

Maybe if you quit using the big words you're looking up at dictionary.com, maybe it wouldn't take you 20 minutes to write a response..

/sleep

Est. 1998.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:15 AM
CISSP-ISSMP, CISA

I was not intending to write another response. Your opinions have been duely noted.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by NSCNAP Jeff
I often see things I disagree with here on WHT, but in your case the "BS" ratio was far too extreme and I felt obligated to act. Next time you want to advertise, try word of mouth, magazine ads, web site banners, etc. Self promotion and soliciting for publicity, on the other hand, are clear violations of forum rules (and for good reason).
As this has appeared to have strayed off topic of the original post, the blatant attempts to strike points in some whimsical attempt to get in good with the people who run these boards really have no place here.

I take you as someone who's a decent person, Jeff. Why not be respectful and take your flames of his post to PMs as he requested instead of tarnishing your own image by posting chat logs and things.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:47 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Yes Jeff , we can see you dont like the foonet competition , although i can say that i had accounts on both networks (foonet and BLC) foonet was better , dunno about improving but you shouldn`t flame devon .

Old 12-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by NSCNAP Jeff
Devon,

You had an A+ rating for them before they even opened for business. Your prior fraternization with the management discredits you as an impartial critic. I might add that the timing of this "review" is very convenient given the FOONET thread that has been quite active recently. It is very appearant that this is an orchestrated media stunt.

I will not restrain myself from "flaming" you as the simple fact that you felt to mention this indicates that you knew there was an advance problem with making this post, however, I will exercise restraint in discussing your behavior toward me via AIM earlier this year (i'm sure you know exactally what i'm talking about, the log has been saved). Let this issue die and i'll spare the details.

We have no affiliation with devon posting his review, and i suppose the review from our other customers as seen here is all a publicity stunt too?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=gigeservers

Grow up Jeff.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Review Group Releases Recommendations for Government Access to Private Data Web Hosting News 2013-12-24 09:51:22
5 Hidden Problems with Cloud SLAs Blog 2013-12-02 09:47:41
Nicole Henderson Named Editor in Chief of the Web Host Industry Review Web Hosting News 2013-02-12 13:40:41
Verio Europe Replaces FreeBSD Hosting Solution with Linux Shared Hosting Web Hosting News 2013-08-22 08:34:35
Startup Review Signal Mines Twitter for Reliable Web Hosting Reviews Web Hosting News 2012-09-25 15:52:28