MY Tv out is grey when on my TV!

When I transfer from my monitor to my TV screen to watch DVD movies, the screen on my monitor is grey. Then when I go to display properties, advanced, their is only two low mode color choices available, the rest are greyed out!

After I reboot with my monitor, everything is back in color

I'm using windows XP pro and nvidia geforce 2 graphics card, any help would be great! I used to use windows ME with the same card/setup, and it worked perfectly, so its not my PC or TV.
    Last edited by HammerHost; 12-13-2004 at 06:27 PM.
    HammerHost.com
    "Hammering Away At The Competition"
    "High Quality Affordable Web Hosting"

Are you using the latest-greatest version of the drivers from NVidia? I've used a TV-out on a GForce4MX for presentations before and not seen this issue. The only time I've seen the problem you describe is trying to run dual monitors using two different video cards. After a hundred or so reboots the problem you describe starts happening one day.

Oh, and are you using a cloned display or running the TV as a second monitor? I run the TV as a second monitor.

Hey guys.

When I used to do this using my Nvidia card, I could never get things to fully work. I then turned to google and found www.tvtool.de (choose english language). I purchased the software and everything was perfect from that day forward.

I actually just got back into doing this... I downloaded TVTool again and then realized it only supports nVidia cards and I now own an ATI. I then got playing and got it working with my ATI card without the use of TVTool.

So maybe give it a shot and see how it works for you. I think they have a trial of some sorts. Another thing I noticed is the developer is not releasing anymore updates, etc in the new year so maybe you can find the same type of program with more support.

make sure the tv is set to secondary

otherwise your monitor becomes secondary.. and thats no good...

Originally posted by CTG
    Are you using the latest-greatest version of the drivers from NVidia? I've used a TV-out on a GForce4MX for presentations before and not seen this issue. The only time I've seen the problem you describe is trying to run dual monitors using two different video cards. After a hundred or so reboots the problem you describe starts happening one day.

Oh, and are you using a cloned display or running the TV as a second monitor? I run the TV as a second monitor.
    Yeah, that was the first thing I did was checked the drivers.

I'm not sure what display I'm using, with my video card, it won't let you select anything in display properties. So to get my monitor on my tv I just unplug my monitor, plus in my S-video out, then reboot, It automatically appears on my tv.

I've been at this for weeks now, with windows ME it took all but 2 seconts
    HammerHost.com

UPDATE: instead of using my driver off of my CD I got some fresh ones from the net, and they are full color now!

ONE MORE PROBLEM: Theirs about 2 inches of black space on the right and left of the tv screen. When I got display properties, it shows a fixed resolution at 800*600 and it won't let me change. Anythoughts to why their is a total of 4 inches of black on the left and right side of screen?

Thanks
    HammerHost.com