hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : opinion about new (noisy) neighbours

Forum Jump

opinion about new (noisy) neighbours

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Web Hosting Guru

opinion about new (noisy) neighbours

hi

So, as of Dec. 4th we got new neighbours in the flat next to ours (I share the flat with a friend). Until then a girl around 30 and her 5yo kid lived there, they were hardly ever home and when they were you could never hear them, the kid was never crying or shouting.. nothing.

So now we have new neighbours, they must be around 45, we haven't really seen them, just HEARD them.

It started last Saturday 5th, we had been shopping the whole day, we got home at around 18:00 and we heard somebody doing some work in the flat next to us, something with furniture, cutting here, cutting there... Here it is allowed to do such work from 8 to 12 in the morning on Saturdays, NONE on Sundays - relax day. While we were thinking if we should go and knock on their door and complain or not, we heard somebody else first ringing the door, then banging on the door (obviously, the people inside didn't hear the ring). We heard a woman open and say "yes yes we are finished in a while", and the guy (he lives above them) say something that it was already late and that if they don't stop the police will take care of that. So ok, after a while noise stopped. No more noise during Sunday.

Later at night, around 21.00, we were sitting talking in the living room (that is supposed to be next to their sleeping room OR living room, we aren't sure), we heard they had the TV quite loud, not as loud as to understand what was on TV, but loud enough to be annoying, you know, this background noise that gets on your nerves. We thought well, as long as they don't have the TV on at weird times at night OR we hear the noise from our bedrooms it's ok, after all, we can also play music in the living room (we don't have TV in the living room, it's broke, and we have one each in our rooms anyway).

So everything was kind of ok (tv loud monday + tuesday) until Wednesday. We were watching TV in my mate's room and suddenly we heard somebody SHOUT "Goooooaaall!!!" "Goooooaaaall!" we were @_@ "wtf????" We then went to sleep, well I stayed up a bit longer in my room by the PC, didn't hear anything anymore.

Thursday + Friday my mate was home, she said there was no noises, they kept on working with furniture but it was OK, no big deal. No loud TV at nights either. Yesterday the same BUT today we heard them get in the flat so we thought "OK, maybe they were silent cuz they weren't home!" - Have been listening and besides some (again) noise with furniture for 20 mins at max, no other noise.

Question is, IF tonight or the following nights we hear their TV loud again and / or the guy is watching football again AND shouts again, shall we complain (politely..) at them? I mean, it is ok if he watches football every once in a while (like 2x a month or so) and he shouts then, but not every week, of course. So shall we complain so that they don't go on making noise/they get aware that they aren't alone in the house? Or shall we wait a bit and see if it IS really disturbing us? We are used to having NO noise coming from the flat next to us, so we thought we might be overreacting..

Sorry for the long post, hope to get some advice if you managed to read thru the whole story

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Web Hosting Master

Well, if its disturbing your enjoyement of your flat, then yes, complain. If it isn't really bothering you too much then maybe wait for things to get worse before complaining.

Old 12-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

Go over to them and try and to sell them web hosting .

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2004, 10:42 AM
ex-Aussie

If you're renting then make a complaint to the manager, or Real Estate office. You're paying good money each month and should expect a 'livable' environment.

I live in a second story unit myself (in a four story complex). Upstairs makes a bit of noise but it's all fine (we make a bit of noise ourselves). The moment it gets out of hand we'll be right down to the Manager and lodging a complaint however.

Living in a 'beehive' means you need to be aware of those living around you. The earlier you can have the 'bad apples' evicted, the better you'll sleep at night. <-- long time unit renter.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Iím having similar problems with the new folks upstairs (3 months). They seem to get drunk and very loud 3x a week.

And my landlord is the laziest person I have ever seen. The second week that I moved in, i requested the shower head to be changed. It took him two months to come over and fix it. I had to call him many times.

I know how you feel.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:36 PM
The Elitest Guru

If they continue, I would politely ask them to quiet down. If it persists, I would contact the landlords or police.

http://myhost4life.com/

Old 12-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by saffar
Iím having similar problems with the new folks upstairs (3 months). They seem to get drunk and very loud 3x a week.

And my landlord is the laziest person I have ever seen. The second week that I moved in, i requested the shower head to be changed. It took him two months to come over and fix it. I had to call him many times.

I know how you feel.

2 months is unacceptable! I would hired someone to do it, and then have them bill the owner of the building.

Old 12-13-2004, 12:25 AM

LOL! I have noisy neighbour for over 5 years, guess you will either to have move to another area or accept it, for me, I prefer to accept it...

Old 12-13-2004, 03:29 AM
Disabled

Buy each of them a set of headphones for christmas.

Old 12-13-2004, 04:32 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
somebody SHOUT "Goooooaaall!!!" "Goooooaaaall!"
Sounds like my stepdad when the Dallas Stars score a goal.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

how about you watch the same matches as he does, but shout goal when the other team wins

Old 12-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Web Hosting Master

I complain about the ppl that live below us all the time. During the day, the kid (17 - HS dropout) is home, and all I hear is... "BOOOM BA DA BOOOM..." (this d@mn music).... for several hours just about every day. Sometimes it gets really load, and I complain (like if my 1 year old is napping and is restless because of it).

One time, while his mom was out of town (in Miami - for a whole weekend), he decided that him and a buddy were going to smoke weed in their bathroom (our bathroom is right above theirs), and turn the exhaust fan on while doing it. Well the smoke came billowing up into our apartment. This was when my now 1 year old was about 3-4 months old. So I called the police. But by the time they finally came (about 30 minutes later), they had left.

The kid downstairs is, IMO, is no good. The mom is no much better - because she's no naive to think that her son (who drinks, smokes weed, etc), is a "good boy"

The only reason why they're still living at the complex, is because they can't afford any other place to live. The manager her can't stand either of them, but she doesn't want to evict them if they don't have a place to go. *shrug*

Old 12-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Disabled

Well, here's my story.

About a year ago a group of black people moved into our neighborhood. There were about 6 kids, and 2 adults.

Right off the bat, their children started running wild around the neighborhood, cutting through people's yards, and pretty much everyone in the neighborhood was afraid to say something, for fear of looking like an irrational racist.

But, this fear didn't last long, and after about a month people started complaining about them.

People around the neighborhood tried talking to their parents, the parents didn't do anything.

So, people started complaining to the mangement of the community, and the community administration listened, but never took any serious action.

While the kids were taring apart the community, the parents slowly turned into complete slackers, and let their grass grow, and grow, and grow to the point where it was up to 10X as long as the rest of ours. People from around the neighborhood complained, and finally they were ordered to mow their lawn.

After this, the neighbors assumed that it was we - the people who lived one trailor away from them who turned them in to the park for not mowing their lawn. So, they decided to make life difficult for us, by playing their music loud.

So, on a quiet summer night around 2:00AM i was sitting here, and what did i hear erupt from the direction of their lot, none other than the king of funk - James Brown!

So, i put on some socks, and some shoes and i walked over to their house.

Knock Knock Knock - 5 second pause
Knock Knock Knock - 3 second pause
Knock Knock Knock - Still no response
BANG BANG BANG - Still nothing
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG - Nothing

I stomped back to my house, opened the door, saw my mom standing there as she was woken up my their music. I asked her if we could call the police. She said "no, I'll talk to dave in the morning."

She talked to dave, he fined them some amount.

A few weeks later the neighbors held a BBQ with some of their family friends, they blared a bunch of funk, and soul music all afternoon, and into the night, whilst getting drunk. I didn't feel like confronting a drunk person, because i would have probably gotten a beat down.

The music continued for a while, eventually they were kicked out for, Not paying fines and in turn not paying lot rent.

The final two days where they were cleaning out were pretty great, i enjoyed the music - it felt like a going away party.

A few weeks later after they moved, their trailor was torn apart by a giant crane type thing. It was one of the greatest events of the summer.

Old 12-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Web Hosting Master

Well..... I think i'll keep MUM here.....

I am the Noisy guy living nextdoor for my neighbours.. I love my 70 - 80's rock and metal .. but since I live in a standalone house, it's kinda okay with the neighbours.... and they are also kinda comfy with me....

Whenever my mom feels that im having the volume bar a little high, she'll alarm me.... so, no big problems there

JackPot

Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Web Hosting Master

This is why I don't live in the city I can play my music as loud as I want, no one bitches if my dog barks (or my goats bleat). I can work on my truck in the driveway and rev the motor or work on the stereo and nobody says a word. If they said anything I'd tell 'em to get off my lawn before I turn the hose on 'em or let my dog outta the fence!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Average SQL Injection Breach Takes 140 Days to Discover: Ponemon Institute Report Web Hosting News 2014-04-16 12:01:12
Name.com Partners with CloudLinux to Improve Shared Hosting Stability Web Hosting News 2013-08-07 09:58:32
Commtouch Report: Spam, Malware Continues to Increase in Q1 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-05-02 10:44:28
Web Host OrcsWeb Offers Support for Windows Server 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 11:08:35
Web Host Go Daddy Launches VPS Reseller Hosting Web Hosting News 2012-08-20 14:47:27