Fastest Speed ..upload and download

Hi all,

We are looking for a dedicated server from a hosting provider that has the highest CONFIRMED upload and download speed...

Anyone here that has tested the speeds with your dedicated server should please post their results...

TAHNKS!!!

Re: Fastest Speed ..upload and download

Originally posted by Bernie123
    Hi all,

We are looking for a dedicated server from a hosting provider that has the highest CONFIRMED upload and download speed...

Anyone here that has tested the speeds with your dedicated server should please post their results...

TAHNKS!!!
    There are bazillions of speed tests that are posted on here. Do a search and take a look at what has already been posted....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I did a search on the site for "dedicated server speed tests"...I only found 10 posts for the whole year....

Looking for current information on the speeds....

I think he menas browse around this part of the forum http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=64

about every other post that says 'test' in it is a speed test that others have done, wont really help you find the 'fastest' but it will show you some good ones

well, from just about ALL dedicated providers you will be able to get 100Mbit. Now, with just about all of them you will be able to hit that 100Mbit if you have the connections from/to it. You really cant confirm the fastest as they are all capable of 100Mbit. I have about 15 servers in the USA on different networks, and i had did a LOT of testing to which is fast and not. After my tests were done it seems the network that achieved the best speeds with single threads to almost every place in the USA and even to europe, was my box at the savvis DC in texas which i have thru layeredtech. I was able to get 80Mbit from 1 single transfer from places on the east like NAC, and from places on the west like insiderhosting. It was easy to max out the 100Mbit with a couple connections, and it seems Savvis has no problem getting top speed from every place i tested it with. So if you want probably the best speed for the buck, id say to go with savvis DC in texas.

Download Speed and Upload speed is heavily location dependent. Where are you trying to upload and download?

Gmoney3, can you put a test file up? I don't know anyone else with a server at the Savvis DC.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

http://speedtest.layeredtech.com

That is located in the same DC as gmoney. Note in the past he has mentioned that he has also done some tweaks to his personal server to increase the download rates so results may vary.

Thanks

Jeremy

well the tweaks i did was only to fix for when there is high ping , so like from europe u still get 70-80Mbit on single transfer, but when ur close in USA the speeds i get from savvis DC are the best in the USA. To everywhere i send and receive from is always very very fast. I dont know what it is, but theres something special about that DC I have dedicated servers at 15 locations in the USA and that one is special to me, because of the speed and the price is so low

gmoney3, do you have a file I can try?

I'm only able to get ~5.6Mbps out from the layeredtech speedtest site from the West Coast.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

I also would very interested in those test file. I also got only 6Mbps from layeredtech from LA. If I can get fast connection in TX, My choice will be expended greatly...

well it depends where ur sending to? Only 6Mbps? so ur only geting like 750k/s to cali? im gonna paste a file transfer here from layeredtech to cali server at insiderhosting.com in cali.

This is from LT to insiderhosting.com in Cali both 100mbit connections obviously.

01:27 [ cali]< put 'test.001' | 14.305M 9158.7Kbs 2s|

and now from cali back to LT.

01:28 [ cali]> got 'test.001' | 14.305M 9134.7Kbs 2s|

so both ways was 9000k/s so close to 90Mbit . So as you see the speed from LT is very good to west coast, as long as both connections are good.

Lowercase "b" means bits... that appears to be 10 Mbits/sec you are achieving.
    bye

huh? do u see the file size and the time? 14meg file in 1-2seconds. of course its 90Mbit . see it says 2s at the end, thast 2 seconds on 14meg file, but its rounded up to 2 seconds its actually about 1.5seconds. 10Mbit is very slow to acheive between 2 100Mbit boxes. its easy to acheive 80+Mbit between 100Mbit boxes in the usa.

It only has that small b cuz pftp is not like a really good program and dont really pay attention to the big and small letters. its kind of a cheezy program that i use cuz its fast and easy in console to move files and such by highlighting stuff, but i assure you its fast. ill do a big file and you'll se how many seconds it takes, ill do 50meg file.

06:01 [ cali]< put '50mb.test' | 47.684M 10435.5Kbs 5s|

there we go, 50Meg file in 5s and you see 10435k/s just over 10MB/s so about 10000k/s thast from savvis in texas to california.
    Last edited by gmoney3; 12-09-2004 at 12:53 PM.