* SSL, I am sooo confused!!

Ok, here is what I want to do. I have www.domain.com, with a dedicated ip. I am going to set up Modernbill and want to use secure.domain.com for the secure pages.
    (I should mention that I use cPanel)
    So I did a certificate signing request via whm then I recieved a private key. Next I purchased a Geotrust ssl from ev1 for the domain secure.domain.com. After it was said and done all I recieved was the certificate, no CA bundle or anything.

So I have my admin service try to install it. They keep having erros. Now they have had me create a completely new account via whm called secure.domain.com with its own dedicated ip and are going to try to install the cert. there. This makes no sence to me.. Tthere is no domain registered with a dns pointing to the ip or the account I created.

What have I done wrong and what do I need to do to fix the situation.

Thanks, Kevin

Not sure why you would receive errors. Did you create the subdomain secure.domain.com?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I did not create a sub-domain to start, I had a folder in public_html called secure. I actually believe it was created when I did a test install of Interchange or Agora cart. However, I did create it but my admin told me that would not work, that I had to create a completely "new" account.. That is what does not make any since to me..

This was the error received:
    Attempting to verify your certificate..... Modulus mismatch, key file does not match certificate. Please use the correct key file

I also kept getting these errors quit a while back when trying to install trial ssl cert. Never did get one to install.
    Thanks, Kevin

Hmm. I'll have to defer to someone else with more experience with SSL.

I just recently installed Modernbill and needed to get an SSL cert. But I got it for www.mydomain.com instead. My feeling was that why should I buy an SSL just for a specific subdomain? I bought it for the entire domain, and I put MB into www.mydomain.com/client/ . When I received the cert, I installed it, installed MB and all works well.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

lexis2004,

Normaly it is no problem to get an SSL cert. installed, butyour right, your situation is little bit confusing. Maybe you should try to ask your host if they are able to help you.

I know that there can be some difficults by installing a SSL cert through Cpanel.

Have you asked GeoTrust to install the cert for you ? They have a great support and normaly they are able to fix the problems.

SSL confuses me too

What's the errors they receive?

Keep in mind:
    When purchasing a cert from Geotrust/EV1, you will not receive anything other than the cert it's self, you're not supposed to.

Without seeing the error it throws when you try/tried to install, there's no way to know what the issue is.

Usually, it will boil down to an absent private key (whm will have emailed it to you), it can also be something as trivial as forgetting to put your username for cpanel in the right hand side box when installing the cert.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Originally posted by lexis2004

This was the error received:
    Attempting to verify your certificate..... Modulus mismatch, key file does not match certificate. Please use the correct key file

I also kept getting these errors quit a while back when trying to install trial ssl cert. Never did get one to install.
    Is it not possible to use the sub-domain "secure.domain.com" ?
    That actually was my intentions.
    Thanks, Kevin

You can only install the domain to the exact domain that was specified when generating the CSR.

I am guessing that there's a discrepancy there somewhere, or it would not be throwing off those errors.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

when I generated the csr I generated it for the domain "secure.domain.com" So would that not be a sub-domain or do I have to create a completely new domain with the name "secure.domain.com"?
    Thanks, Kevin